Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-10-2017, 04:13 PM   #61
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoebe3 View Post
I have to say that the bathroom is so small, that even at 64", I will probably sit down; the shower can be hand-held.
Is it feasible to add a skylight to the bath? This can make a huge difference and might make standing up practical.
avanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 05:16 PM   #62
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by avanti View Post
Is it feasible to add a skylight to the bath? This can make a huge difference and might make standing up practical.
Ummm, not sure. I have very little experience with these things.

The bathroom ceiling is made of the same padded vinyl as the rest of the ceilings. There is a dome light in the middle that sticks down about an inch. Since the doors are frosted, you could probably do without the light but not if you needed to see the mirror at night. I THINK a skylight would clear the solar panel on the roof .

However, for showering , you still need enough room over your head to hold the sprayer and I don't know how much extra height a skylight buys you.
Phoebe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 06:01 PM   #63
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by avanti View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoebe3 View Post
I don't know how much extra height a skylight buys you.
Ours easily adds 6". Most of that comes not from the skylight per se, but from the penetration of the garnish through the ceiling and roof.

You can get skylights with built-in lights.
avanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 02:24 AM   #64
Silver Member

The Paseo has a much bigger bathroom than the Crossfit, especially the shower area. The headroom in the shower seems greater than 6 feet, though I didn't measure it. My 6'2" friend had plenty of room in the driver's seat, but I don't know about the fit for drivers taller than that. The only way to sleep would be diagonally, and for two, that would require making a makeshift ottoman using the small back cushion by the kitchen counter, and some tetris like special arranging. Not perfect, but only the Transit has the headroom for tall people to stand up straight. Otherwise, it's a B+ like the Leisure Wonder, which has the headroom and a true 80"x60" queen bed, and a dry bath with a big shower. Or an ARV Sprinter with the extra high roof and $200,000+ price tag. With B's, there is always compromise, for the sake of small size and better driveability.
mtmdatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 08:42 PM   #65

I just joined and am now realizing that a van may not really be an option. My husband is 6'6 and I'm 5'9. We've never had an rv and wanted something easy to drive and park. Any hope?
Snevets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 09:26 PM   #66
Platinum Member

The Super High Roof Sprinter that Advanced RV converts has a 6'-8" ceiling and is no taller than the other Sprinter conversions under 10 feet total height. Advanced RV is the only converter building with this model. Otherwise about 6'-3" is about it.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 09:30 PM   #67
Platinum Member

Pop roof is possible like this one https://sportsmobile.com/penthouse-expandable-top/, it has pluses and minuses, so will see “never” and “love it”. There are other pop-ups but your options will be constrained to a small conversion company or Sportsmobile.

I think Advanced RV has(d) access to very a high roof Sprinters, they are expensive but you get good workmanship. Small C could be your best option and less expensive.
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 12:01 PM   #68
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snevets View Post
I just joined and am now realizing that a van may not really be an option. My husband is 6'6 and I'm 5'9. We've never had an rv and wanted something easy to drive and park. Any hope?
I recommend spending some time inside a few models to see what you think. Everyone has different tolerances.

But here's one anecdote. We have a good friend who is 6'5" and who has come to check out ours. I can't see him ever being comfortable in anything similar. It doesn't stop with the roof issue. Not only can he not stand up, he also can't sit normally on the couch beneath the overhead cabinets - his head hits them from the underside. And of course there's no way he could ever stretch out on the bed. He didn't even attempt to try the wet bath on for size. Wherever he goes in the van, he's limited to crouching, slouching, folding, bending, and contorting.
InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 02:02 PM   #69
BBQ
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by InterBlog View Post
I recommend spending some time inside a few models to see what you think. Everyone has different tolerances.

But here's one anecdote. We have a good friend who is 6'5" and who has come to check out ours. I can't see him ever being comfortable in anything similar. It doesn't stop with the roof issue. Not only can he not stand up, he also can't sit normally on the couch beneath the overhead cabinets - his head hits them from the underside. And of course there's no way he could ever stretch out on the bed. He didn't even attempt to try the wet bath on for size. Wherever he goes in the van, he's limited to crouching, slouching, folding, bending, and contorting.

There is only one way to do it... ARV can custom build an RV for him.
Old 10-30-2017, 12:54 AM   #70
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ View Post

There is only one way to do it... ARV can custom build an RV for him.
Well, yeah, if he has two hundred grand, anything is possible. But I wasn't assuming as much.
InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 03:06 AM   #71

Default Grand Coach National Traveler

My husband is 6'4", so I've done a fair amount of research on this. Aside from the Pleasure Way and Leisure Travel B+'s, he also fits in the Grand Coach National Traveler. It's a brand new model and it's not even on their website yet. We saw it at the Pomona RV show last month. The interior height is 7'4" at it's tallest, which allows for a small height loss for the ac, and the bed is 70" by 74". I'll attach the brochure they sent to me. I have no idea what the price is, but if someone finds out or sees a price at an rv show, I'd love to know.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Grand-Coach-National-Traveller-2p.pdf (319.5 KB, 95 views)
nicolerene81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 03:14 AM   #72
BBQ
Platinum Member

Wow

Old 11-13-2017, 03:56 AM   #73
BBQ
Platinum Member

Old 11-13-2017, 04:44 AM   #74
Platinum Member

It looks interesting, but it has an undercounter fridge (or at least it looks that way from the photos). I'm 6' tall and I'd have to get down on the floor to use it. My knees would veto that.
SiennaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 05:16 AM   #75
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiennaGuy View Post
It looks interesting, but it has an undercounter fridge (or at least it looks that way from the photos). I'm 6' tall and I'd have to get down on the floor to use it. My knees would veto that.
A perfect solution for my under-countertop refrigerator, kneel with some kind of knee protectors. Great diet tool. I can reach my fridge standing up outside the van, unfortunately, at least from my doctor’s perspective.
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote