Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-27-2016, 03:42 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Coachman Galleria - FitRV Video Review

Nice review of the Coachman Galleria by FitRV.

Keyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 07:20 PM   #2
Platinum Member

The articulating bed would be good to have for reading.

Forum member Rolacoy had that idea up on his website years ago. - http://www.classbforum.com/forums/f8....html#post2326 - The Leisure Travel Free Flight had it as well.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 07:37 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Think I saw an Advanced RV posted somewhere here with a very elegant version of that type of bed, where did I see that??

Oh yes, Davydd designed one of those for his van which has quite a nice bed setup if twin beds are your thing...

But, I'll let him tell about it...
gregmchugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 07:38 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Any idea of the sticker price?
DCHitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 07:47 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCHitt View Post
Any idea of the sticker price?
Several for sale here...

Motorhomes, Travel Trailers, Campers, Popups, and more! | AmericanRV.com
Old 09-27-2016, 08:06 PM   #6
Platinum Member

That step at the rear would be great for pets.
Old 09-27-2016, 09:09 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregmchugh View Post
Looking at their website, Duracell/East Penn markets both flooded cell and AGM batteries. Fit RV describes the coach batteries in the Galleria as "standard wet cells". Does he mean that they are flooded cell and if they are, how do they get watered?
cruising7388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 09:50 PM   #8
Platinum Member

In the video, they said it had a 12v Blu Ray player, so I looked at the website to see about it. The say the entire audio/video setup runs on 12v. Anybody know how they are doing it? The Blu Ray player said LG on it, but I don't see any native 12v players on their site.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 10:04 PM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post
In the video, they said it had a 12v Blu Ray player, so I looked at the website to see about it. The say the entire audio/video setup runs on 12v. Anybody know how they are doing it? The Blu Ray player said LG on it, but I don't see any native 12v players on their site.
Lots of LG Blue Ray players use power bricks. Apparently at least some of them are 12VDC:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...XGN3R8QNPJ3938
avanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 10:09 PM   #10
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by avanti View Post
Lots of LG Blue Ray players use power bricks. Apparently at least some of them are 12VDC:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...XGN3R8QNPJ3938
That was my first thought, also, and the TV and whatever radio/receiver/amplifier would also have be done similarly. I hope they put a voltage stabilizer on them, if that is how they did it.
Old 09-28-2016, 02:42 AM   #11
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruising7388 View Post
Looking at their website, Duracell/East Penn markets both flooded cell and AGM batteries. Fit RV describes the coach batteries in the Galleria as "standard wet cells". Does he mean that they are flooded cell and if they are, how do they get watered?
I think I read somewhere here (maybe Wincrasher?) that the batteries are standard wet cells and are under the van... they can't be watered but the rep mentioned that people don't maintain them anyway so might as well just replace them after two years...
Keyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 04:03 AM   #12
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyne View Post
I think I read somewhere here (maybe Wincrasher?) that the batteries are standard wet cells and are under the van... they can't be watered but the rep mentioned that people don't maintain them anyway so might as well just replace them after two years...
Well,I'm not convinced it's actually the case but if the reality is that more expensive maintenance free AGMs won't last any longer than un-serviced flood cell batteries will, I guess you could make the argument that it's more cost effective to opt for flooded cell batteries. However, I think AGM construction constrains the long term slaking off of lead sulfate to the case bottom and eventually short some plates that is more likely to occur with flooded cell construction. Perhaps it depends on the quality of either type because I've heard positive comments from users of Trojan flooded cell batteries that they've gotten a lot of years of good use from them. But they did keep them watered.
cruising7388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 12:02 PM   #13
Platinum Member

That comment was made, but how true, who knows? Does anyone get good information from RV salesmen who don't even know their product especially just introduced models?

I had wet cell batteries in my 2011 Great West Van Legend and had to add distilled water on the start of or after just about every trip of a month or more. They lasted and were still performing well after four years and 60,000 plus miles when I sold it. They were conveniently accessible via a floor hatch at the back of the van.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 01:07 PM   #14
Platinum Member

It seems rather crazy to me to not use AGM batteries in a location that seems impossible to access to check and maintain a wet cell battery. I can't imagine wet cell batteries lasting very long in this location with no maintenance.

How much are they really saving?

Two wet cells are $200 and two of the typical AGMs installed by manufacturers are probably $400. Is there any warranty coverage for the batteries by Coachman or only from the battery manufacturer? I suppose Coachman saves some money if they don't warranty the batteries themselves but the owner is going to get stuck with replacing the batteries and trying to get warranty coverage from the battery manufacturer on a battery that failed solely due to not following the required maintenance procedure for the batteries.

Just the hassle of regular battery failure and replacement seems to show disregard for the customer by Coachman...

Has anyone confirmed whether the current production vans have wet cells or AGMs? Maybe this is not really an issue...
Old 09-28-2016, 01:20 PM   #15
Platinum Member

Dahai reported two AGM batteries here: http://www.classbforum.com/forums/f5...html#post35066
Old 09-28-2016, 01:25 PM   #16
Platinum Member

Looks like six floorplans available: 24TT, 24ST, 24SQ, 24TQ, 24SD and 24TD.
Old 09-28-2016, 01:29 PM   #17
Platinum Member

I also can't imagine them putting wet cells there, but looking at various Duracell batteries on different sites, it appears that the black cases were all wet cells and grey cases were AGM. The one in the video is black. I couldn't find anything with the same label as the on in the video, though, but the wet cells did use the same terms on them.
Old 09-28-2016, 01:30 PM   #18
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markopolo View Post
Dahai reported two AGM batteries here: http://www.classbforum.com/forums/f5...html#post35066
Well that makes more sense, much ado about nothing, back to regularly scheduled programming...
Old 09-28-2016, 01:33 PM   #19
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markopolo View Post
Looks like six floorplans available: 24TT, 24ST, 24SQ, 24TQ, 24SD and 24TD.
Maybe 7 now...

Coachmen RV - Manufacturer of Travel Trailers - Fifth Wheels - Tent Campers - Motorhomes
Old 09-28-2016, 01:48 PM   #20
Platinum Member

The floorplans seem almost like a random combination of storage cabinets and front seating along with the two bed options. Looks like one has the stacked fridge and microwave instead of under counter units. Do you really need 7 floorplans and the added build complexity. I guess the customer gets more choice and dealers will order the most popular and the rest will need to be ordered when chosen by a customer.