Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-21-2015, 10:37 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Coachmen Entering Class B Sector with Galleria

Saw this report on RV Business: Coachmen Entering Class B Sector with Galleria | RV Business

Quote:
Coachmen RV, a division of Forest River Inc., entered the Class B market with the launch of the Galleria motorhome.
Quote:
Galleria is a standalone division within Coachmen operating out of a dedicated Class B manufacturing facility located on Coachmen’s 230-acre complex in Middlebury, Ind.
A couple of videos are on Youtube:

and

markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 11:27 PM   #2
Gold Member

We saw them at Pomona, and came in early one day to talk to their Product Manager and get footage for a detailed review. We'll have it up in the next couple weeks when I get it edited.
thefitrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 11:32 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Here's a couple of cropped frames from the video posted by Mount Comfort RV ( Indiana R.V. Dealers: Sales, Repairs, and More by Mount Comfort RV )

Coachmen Galleria.JPG

Coachmen Galleria 2.JPG

Coachmen Galleria 3.JPG
Old 10-22-2015, 12:07 AM   #4
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefitrv View Post
We saw them at Pomona, and came in early one day to talk to their Product Manager and get footage for a detailed review. We'll have it up in the next couple weeks when I get it edited.
Looking forward to it

It could get interesting in the B segment with Forest River vying for their share. They top the market share rankings in the Class C category with 38.2% market share according to this: SSI: Motorhome Sales See 12.4% Gain in August | RV Business
Old 10-22-2015, 12:25 AM   #5

Another "kitchen on the street side" floorplan. I wonder what the power is on the power twin beds. It looks like maybe you can raise the head of the bed, since the cushions are split. You know the Class B market is booming when more manufacturers are jumping in.
mdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 12:49 AM   #6
Platinum Member

I was wondering when Forest River would come back to the "B" market. Their Sunseeker/Solera/Forester lines have been all shaken up with Chevies out and Sprinter models in all lines.

Their last "B" model (MB Cruiser) wasn't too bad, but 2008 did a number on all RV makers.

The Galleria has three floor plans as per the Coachmen site, one with four chairs, one with three chairs and a longer kitchen, and one with three chairs and twin beds.

The Truma system is also a plus... it would be nice that a loss of a chair would add more storage as opposed to extending the counter by 18 inches or so, but I assume there is added under counter cabinet space.

I wonder what prices are. I'm hoping they are competitive with the ERA, but even then, the Winnebago product still has the 4x4 option that isn't that much more, but will make a big difference in where one can is able to boondock. Winnebago's floorplans also have some nice touches, like the 70A's loveseat.
mlts22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 07:21 AM   #7
Bronze Member

Saw two Gallerias at the Pomona show--and was impressed. Spoke with Coachmen's class B rep, Jerry Hunter. He said they weren't ready in time for Hershey, so they rolled them out at Pomona.

It comes in three floor plans, as mlts22 said, with four or three chairs, but Hunter said a buyer can opt to remove the third chair. One model at the show had just the two coach chairs, and it made a difference in roominess. Seemed much more open at the entry way. MSRPs range from $123-126,000. Show price was $99,911.

Overall quality was impressive, with very good fit and finish. Corian countertops, induction cooktop, convection microwave, 2500W LP generator, Truma heating, two AGM house batteries and two solar panels, Thetford macerator.

Several features stood out to me: cabinet quality, flooring and the bathroom.

Hunter said the cabinets and drawers are made exclusively for Coachmen by an Amish man and his crew. Dovetail construction with soft closing rollers and hinges. Felt solid.

The floor is simulated hardwood by Gerflor from Europe. Has a textile backing and comes with a 5-year cold crack warranty and a 15-year general warranty. Looked quite appealing and appeared to be laid down well without noticeable seams or wrinkles.

The bathroom's design is similar to the usual mid-ship, tiny bathroom in Sprinter-based vans, but it's a few inches wider--and it's noticeable. I'm 5'10, 170lbs. After standing in about a thousand of these bathrooms (maybe not that many, but a bunch), I can say without doubt this was the first mid-ship bathroom I felt I could actually take a shower in. Not as roomy as the Travato 59G's corner shower, but roomy enough. It results in the center aisle being narrower, but that's an acceptable compromise to me as a solo traveler. Now, for you folks who have to squeeze by each other.......?

The head of the twin beds can be raised at several angles by a power switch.

I ain't trying to sell these--still waiting for Coachmen to offer to pay me--but if I were shopping for a Sprinter I'd give it a good look.

Cabinet
DSC00020.jpg

Drawer construction
DSC00030.jpg

Entry way flooring
DSC00025.jpg

Bathroom
DSC00021.jpg
Dahai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 07:24 AM   #8
Bronze Member

Twin beds with storage underneath

DSC00026.jpg

DSC00027.jpg

DSC00028.jpg

DSC00029.jpg
Old 10-29-2015, 07:32 AM   #9
Bronze Member

Sofa bed
DSC00019.jpg

DSC00017.jpg

DSC00018.jpg

DSC00023.jpg
Old 10-29-2015, 12:29 PM   #10
Platinum Member

There are some good ideas there and looks like a lot of space under the sofa.
Old 10-29-2015, 04:57 PM   #11
Platinum Member

Dahai, thanks for the report. It’s exciting to see Winnebago finally having competition in the affordable end of the Sprinter B market. That cabinetry looks very attractive in the photos.

I’m not sure the induction hotplate makes sense without a second alternator and lithium battery setup like Davydd has. When you’re already hauling propane, it doesn’t make much sense to toss the burners. A portable also lets you cook outside. You also don’t have to screw with repairs when the induction electronics break.

Coachmen has updated their site with some specs. The 11 gallon black tank stands out, although the tradeoff is only 19 fresh and 14 grey.
B Eventually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 05:34 PM   #12
Platinum Member

Here's a link to The FitRV's Coachmen Galleria – Video Review
B Eventually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 11:53 PM   #13
Gold Member

Just watched it... Seems very well built and some nice features. But that fridge and microwave on the floor is ... well just weird.
sheral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 01:06 AM   #14
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheral View Post
Just watched it... Seems very well built and some nice features. But that fridge and microwave on the floor is ... well just weird.
Actually, it's the very same appliances in the 59K. Only thing is the way they've done it, you don't get the benefit of the wide open feeling, as they still use stacked cabinetry. So they choose having appliances low, and cabinets where you can get to them and see what you have, high. If they mounted the fridge high, then you might have to stoop to get into a storage cabinet. Tradeoffs!

The problem with the convection microwave is that they are huge and need a venting airspace around them. You don't really see any mounted high because of the space requirements.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 01:55 AM   #15
Platinum Member

It is the Roadtrek RS Adventurous floor plan copied by Winnebago and Airstream among others with tall cabinetry on both sides, kitchen galley on the driver's side and refrigerator and microwave placed in awkward locations.

The cabinetry construction is top of the line. I can't say the cabinetry finish appears all that great and there is little to no ground breaking innovation.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 11:43 PM   #16
PCN

After looking for a Class B for the past two years my wife and I had decided on getting a Leisure Travel Van TE with the duel sliding doors. Unfortunately we could not come to a deal with one of the last new units that was in the country. So after that we too went to the show in Pomona and saw the Galleria line. After walking every single Class B manufacturer over the past couple of years, upon seeing the Galleria we knew were going to purchase one. That being said we are going to be the very first owners in the country of the 4 seat configuration the Galleria 24SQ. We have purchased the second one off of the line. (The first one went to a dealer show in Kentucky.) Jerry Hunter was easy to deal with and the folks at Dennis Dillon RV are true professionals to deal with.

We are having a bunch of extras installed by DDRV including a Winegard in-motion satellite dish with two HD receivers, we have a front TV installed for the rear passenger captains chairs while in motion, a WiFiRanger, a cell phone booster and most importantly a 2000 watt Pure Sine inverter and an extra solar panel to keep us powered up in silence.

The family is excited!
PCN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 12:27 AM   #17
Bronze Member

With the way you're outfitting it, you're going to have a great rig. Two HD receivers in a B! I wouldn't be able to use the in-motion dish in my Travato, but I've considered having a Winegard Travler dish, DVR, inverter and second house battery installed.

Hope you'll come back here and post how the dish and inverter work out for you. Enjoy it!
Old 12-24-2015, 12:34 AM   #18
PCN

Thank you. Yes I plan on uploading pictures once we take delivery in the coming days.
PCN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 12:58 AM   #19
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd View Post
It is the Roadtrek RS Adventurous floor plan copied by Winnebago and Airstream among others with tall cabinetry on both sides, kitchen galley on the driver's side and refrigerator and microwave placed in awkward locations.

The cabinetry construction is top of the line. I can't say the cabinetry finish appears all that great and there is little to no ground breaking innovation.
Quality dovetail cabinetry might appeal to some, like the dated traditional wood finish and hardware, but I agree with Davydd that it's very far from being an overall innovative design.
GeorgeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 01:08 AM   #20
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCN View Post
...That being said we are going to be the very first owners in the country of the 4 seat configuration the Galleria 24SQ. ...
Finally someone who likes a 4 seat front lounge in a "B"

See the other discussion over the Era's 70X floorplan
http://www.classbforum.com/forums/f5...sign-4040.html

...I have the feeling that the 4 separate captain chairs works best if you want a front dinette/lounge area in the very narrow Sprinter chassis..
GeorgeB is offline   Reply With Quote