Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-19-2016, 05:46 AM   #61
Platinum Member

No help to you in California, but I found it interesting how many rental B's I passed on the roads in Canada this past couple of weeks. Mostly from CanaDream, if memory serves, but there were others also. Doesn't seem to be a big item here in USA though.
Old 09-19-2016, 09:51 AM   #62
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teja View Post
Yes, renting one to check out your own personal driving and interior needs is what we started with, too. The only place we could find that rented them (in the California area) for 4 days to two weeks was here:

Mercedes Roadtrek / Sprinter camper van rental

Since they rent only Roadtrek RS/CS Adventurous, I assume people on this forum have heard of them. Our only hesitation was the price. A week-long rental, with taxes, mileage, out-the-door was gonna run about $3,000...we started to feel like, hey that's already a nice chunk towards the down payment of owning one. Maybe we can just get clear which one's for us through asking around (like on this forum) and visiting dealerships for walk-through-test-drives, and just buy the right one without wasting $3 grand for a week-long "test drive."

If you know of any other places that might rent near us, not so expensive, please chime in, thx.
Best Time RV rents in CA and Las Vegas. A week ran us about $1,200 out of Vegas for a Travato 59g. They also sell their used units and may apply your rental to purchase price if you buy.
techfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 12:28 PM   #63
Silver Member

Try to go to an RV show and just poke around at layouts. I went to a local RV show yesterday and did just that...the AIrstream seemed the nicest as far as build materials. THe Coachmen was nice as well. I liked the Roadtrek Zion, but the model on display had no goodies...like solar, generator and they didnt have a spec sheet so I dont know what all else. It was nice to just see them in person. SOme had very narrow aisles, some were more open. No Winnebagos at this show, but many ROadtreks. Several used Great West Vans. Check out features the Airstream had the nicest screen door for example. WHat sort of steps/running boards and little touches do they have. THe research is fun!
Firesteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 02:44 PM   #64
Platinum Member

Advanced RV has a rental agency in southern California.

Luxury Mercedes Advanced-RV for Rent - Visit RV Rental By Advanced
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote