Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-20-2017, 02:56 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Complaints About CW

We keep hearing about Camping World and Pissedcinsurer.com has them ranked according to the numer of complaints. I found this a RVTravel.com; did Hymer ever scope them out before jumping into bed with them? Apparently they don't discriminate - all Brands could be fair game! Ron
Old 09-20-2017, 04:07 PM   #2
Platinum Member

I'm pretty sure that Hymer's deal with Camping World is on a corporate level. Their stores are not individually owned. So probably Hymers can be sold at all of them.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 07:17 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Not quite... no Hymers can be sold at a Camping World (nor a Roadtrek) per JH. The only model is this one off Sunlight... which I suspect will not continue much into next year as Hymer is re-badging it as a Carado Banff and hopefully improve the build as they did with the Axion.

IMHO, this wasn't a good decision on Hymer's part...
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 09:19 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumkin View Post
Not quite... no Hymers can be sold at a Camping World (nor a Roadtrek) per JH. The only model is this one off Sunlight... which I suspect will not continue much into next year as Hymer is re-badging it as a Carado Banff and hopefully improve the build as they did with the Axion.

IMHO, this wasn't a good decision on Hymer's part...
I think it was a failed attempt to regain the #1 manufacturer position. They moved a tremendous number of units to Camping World. It worked for a while, but at a heavy cost to their reputation. We have not idea how long the deal will run, but I suspect they aren't selling well because they are obviously junk, even to a newb's eye.
Old 09-20-2017, 09:26 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincrasher View Post
I think it was a failed attempt to regain the #1 manufacturer position. They moved a tremendous number of units to Camping World. It worked for a while, but at a heavy cost to their reputation. We have not idea how long the deal will run, but I suspect they aren't selling well because they are obviously junk, even to a newb's eye.
X2
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 10:43 PM   #6
Platinum Member

Doesn't make sense to regain 1st place because I don't think Camping World has sold many. I thought that they had already regained first place even before it came out. Anyway, there are still 92 of them listed on RV Trader... which is pretty much all of them I think.

If I was betting, I would guess that this is the end. It will be now sold as a Carado Banff at Hymer dealers. They were taking orders for the Banff at Hershey...

But we shall see... I think they need to bring more of their top German managers over here to whip this branch into some semblance of competence.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
Old 09-20-2017, 11:02 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumkin View Post
Doesn't make sense to regain 1st place because I don't think Camping World has sold many. I thought that they had already regained first place even before it came out. Anyway, there are still 92 of them listed on RV Trader... which is pretty much all of them I think.

If I was betting, I would guess that this is the end. It will be now sold as a Carado Banff at Hymer dealers. They were taking orders for the Banff at Hershey...

But we shall see... I think they need to bring more of their top German managers over here to whip this branch into some semblance of competence.
Remember, production number count on shipping, not sale. They got to count all that production. Believe it or not ~100 units will move the needle.
Old 09-21-2017, 03:03 PM   #8
Platinum Member

I haven't seen the latest production numbers. Marco usually puts them up here as I recall.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
Old 09-24-2017, 05:40 PM   #9
Platinum Member

If anyone is interested, at RVTravel.com, they have a link to a lengthy Deposition by the CEO of Camping World. You might have watched the television series The Profit that Marcus had out...and how he knows everything, facts, figures, recalls all statements regarding the companies he is acquiring/working with --- apparently that was a lie or he has memory problems in this deposition. He nervously eats mints and fiends drinking from a cup as they fire questions at him. We talked before about it was a smart business move to take over all the various camping/RV places.....if I were an owner today and seen this bozo evading questions like this - no way would I sign on. The Deposition really makes me sure I would never recommend somebody to Camping World or it subsidiaries that include financing RV's.
Old 09-24-2017, 11:54 PM   #10
Platinum Member

Marcus is pretty much a butthole - so him buying Camping World is a good fit.

My latest experience with them in two different locations hasn't changed my opinions either. Ineptitude or deceitful behavior - does it really matter which it is? The same result of wasting time and losing money results. I bought my Xplorer there only because it was the best one available nationwide - so I really didn't have much of a choice. Would I buy a new RV there? Not in a million years!

I do find the store a decent place to find interesting RV products though. When I price check them against Amazon, I always save 15-20% on even the member prices.