Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-04-2019, 06:37 PM   #21
Bronze Member

I've worst experience on Haier Refrigerator!
I bought this and after around 5 months it started causing troubles. They came for servicing but no results. The situation is still not good quality. The refrigerator is not cooling.. This is just a pain now.
Jill Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 08:09 PM   #22
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill Ellis View Post
I've worst experience on Haier Refrigerator!
I bought this and after around 5 months it started causing troubles. They came for servicing but no results. The situation is still not good quality. The refrigerator is not cooling.. This is just a pain now.
Is it a residential refrigerator AC only powered by inverter or shore power?
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 05:07 PM   #23
Platinum Member

Default When was that recall?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoebe3 View Post
Our NovaKool was originally AC/DC but it had problems when switching power sources while running, resulting in unexpected shut-off. NovaKool had a recall that involved changing the controller from AC/DC to DC only.
Can you please tell me when this happened?

NovaKool had a recall that involved changing the controller from AC/DC to DC only.

Update.... I just learned that this was about 18 months ago..... problem solved.
Roadtrek Adventuous RS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 04:31 PM   #24
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knit View Post
In my opinion, yes. AC will then be used when RV is on shore power either camping or in storage. But when on DC, you likely get the lowest DC amps as well.
As I have previously stated on this forum, I had a expansion fridge that came with my 2012 RoadTrek 190. I changed it out to a Nova Kool R4500AC/DC model and it was, by far, the most successful mod on the RV. It runs on AC shore power, but has an internal inverter that allows it to run on DC. Wherever I am, on whatever power available, and whatever the outside temp, hot or cold, it can keep a 36 degree refrig and 0 degree ice maker. I would never go back.

By the way, it can also go 3 days on coach batteries, if other electrical services are carefully monitored. Good mod.

Dave W
DWorrell3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 04:54 PM   #25
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWorrell3 View Post
It runs on AC shore power, but has an internal inverter that allows it to run on DC.
Actually, it is the other way around: It runs on DC, but has an internal power brick that allows it to run on AC. This is true of all Danfoss-based fridges.

I agree with you that converting to a compressor fridge is the best upgrade you can make to your rig.
avanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 06:41 PM   #26
Bronze Member

My refrigerator can operate on AC or DC. I have a 2000 watt Xantrex charger/inverter. I see no reason to run it on AC. I pulled the plug on the AC line to the refrigerator. Runs on DC for days not plugged to shore power. I have 200 watts of solar and a 330 amp hour AGM Battery.
2018 Coachmen Galleria 24Q
Kab449 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 10:06 PM   #27
Platinum Member

Default Old issue.... solved now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoebe3 View Post
Our NovaKool was originally AC/DC but it had problems when switching power sources while running, resulting in unexpected shut-off. NovaKool had a recall that involved changing the controller from AC/DC to DC only.
I'm getting a Nova Kool....So.... I called them to do discuss, it was a problem about 18 months or more ago....

New units are not affected.
Roadtrek Adventuous RS1 is offline   Reply With Quote