Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-31-2018, 01:18 PM   #61
Joe
Platinum Member

Send a message via AIM to Joe
Default Joe

We own a Class B 1995 Dodge Explorer 230. Have personally owned it for 11 years. Bought from the original owner. We low mileage when we got her and only has 60,000 on it now. So far just normal repairs to camper. Brakes, tires, gas line and transmission leak. Have put a fortune in the Onan 2800 generator. I should have replaced gen set years ago lol. Can't go anywhere without Somone asking to buy. She needs some paint work and might do this soon. With new Class B's being $100,000 or more. I believe we will keep her for a while.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 02:14 PM   #62

I have never really been able to justify a cost analysis view point of owning an RV. Just as I could never justify my expensive well built sewing machine.

If you like what you have and it’s working for you, including being able to afford it and keep maintenance up, I say just enjoy the heck out of it! Not all things in life can be computed in dollars. And by the way, I’m a professional finance executive, it’s much more familiar to me to decide what to do based on a cost analysis!
nnewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 03:49 PM   #63
Platinum Member

Default Vehicle registration???

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ View Post
In California, you lose money on your RV even if it can hold its value.
The annual fee will see to that.

Are you talking about the vehicle registration?
Roadtrek Adventuous RS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 03:53 PM   #64
Platinum Member

Default You're probably right.... I know

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnewman View Post
I have never really been able to justify a cost analysis view point of owning an RV. Just as I could never justify my expensive well built sewing machine.

If you like what you have and it’s working for you, including being able to afford it and keep maintenance up, I say just enjoy the heck out of it! Not all things in life can be computed in dollars. And by the way, I’m a professional finance executive, it’s much more familiar to me to decide what to do based on a cost analysis!
If it were a matter of dollars.... I probably would have never purchased the RV...

We are enjoying it.. went across the USA ... 11,000 miles round trip an entire circle tour ... across the northern states, down the eastern coast area to Florida and back to California... what a marvelous trip.
Old 09-03-2018, 01:42 AM   #65
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadtrek Adventuous RS1 View Post
If it were a matter of dollars.... I probably would have never purchased the RV...
We are enjoying it.. went across the USA ... 11,000 miles round trip an entire circle tour ... across the northern states, down the eastern coast area to Florida and back to California... what a marvelous trip.
Most people have the RVs, because they can bring the wonderful experience and enjoyment for them and their families.
Monica998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 04:15 AM   #66
Platinum Member

Default Monica, I like your thinking... you're right....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monica998 View Post
Most people have the RVs, because they can bring the wonderful experience and enjoyment for them and their families.

YES.... buying the RV was an entirely emotional thing for me... ALWAYS wanted to experience it.... there's a certain "wanderlust" in traveling in the RV.....

And, we have been able to go places we might not otherwise be able to go....

I hope you enjoy your RV as much as we do..... It's a serendipitous experience....it's an unplanned journey......

The journey is the destination.....if you know what I mean......