Old 11-14-2018, 04:54 PM   #21
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britmobile View Post
Thanks Phoebe, you’re right about the Eco Boost logo on van rear.

We’re going to checkout 2019 CrossFit this Friday and ask about the Li3 option. The dealer has the L version a Travato to compare.
We like the Ford and the Li3 is pretty much perfect. With two Ford dealers close and my regular shop with adequate lifts we feel pretty good about the choice.

We want to check out the Revel on the short Sprinter on Friday too. Really like the advanced safety options but are wary of price, diesel, and dealership maintenance cost and availability. Not interested in Revel “mission” so much as the short Sprinter chassis.
We are currently comparing the same two models
CrossFit vs Travato
We like the size of the Travato and the rear bath which really gives it an open feel
We like the CrossFit for the beautiful cabinetry and the Ford Chasis

TRFranta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 05:37 PM   #22
Bronze Member

I was also looking at these 2 models. For me the Ford was way more comfortable than the Promaster although I also liked the Travato rear bath floorplan.

About a week ago I visited the Coachmen Class B Facility. At the time they were building the Galleria. All the workers looked like well seasoned pros and it showed in their work. They were very friendly and seemed happy.

I was impressed with the overall build quality. They were finishing the insulation on one coach and the job was neat and thorough, much better than I expected.

Overall I was pleasantly surprised in the Coachmen Class B factory. I ended up ordering a Crossfit.

I will be a happy day when I get rid of this Mercedes which has broke down on SEVEN straight trips, including twice on the last one.

Old 11-14-2018, 06:20 PM   #23
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilman View Post
I was also looking at these 2 models. For me the Ford was way more comfortable than the Promaster although I also liked the Travato rear bath floorplan.

About a week ago I visited the Coachmen Class B Facility. At the time they were building the Galleria. All the workers looked like well seasoned pros and it showed in their work. They were very friendly and seemed happy.

I was impressed with the overall build quality. They were finishing the insulation on one coach and the job was neat and thorough, much better than I expected.

Overall I was pleasantly surprised in the Coachmen Class B factory. I ended up ordering a Crossfit.

I will be a happy day when I get rid of this Mercedes which has broke down on SEVEN straight trips, including twice on the last one.
That sounds really good
I’m going to the Tampa Show in January where I can spend some time speaking to dealers and hopefully reps from each company
Old 11-14-2018, 09:25 PM   #24
Bronze Member

I agree
I’m 6”2’ and the driver seat in stopped by the counter in the 59kl
I love the open concept of the Travato but the drive is snug compared to the CrossFit.
There is also the question of quality not only between the RV manufactures but also the vehicles themselves
Old 11-14-2018, 09:28 PM   #25
Bronze Member

Have you considered the 59kl?
Old 11-15-2018, 12:08 AM   #26
Bronze Member

I did consider the KL. If it were available on a Transit I would probably own one. I have owned two Winnebago Class B And was generally satisfied.

The Transit chassis is what made me look at the Crossfit but the more I looked at the Crossfit the more impressed I became. After visiting the factory I am convinced they are better made than the units I have owned.

There is no way I could buy anything on a Promaster, I just don't fit and I will never own another Mercedes unless I lose my mind.
Old 11-17-2018, 08:40 PM   #27
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilman View Post
I did consider the KL. If it were available on a Transit I would probably own one. I have owned two Winnebago Class B And was generally satisfied.

The Transit chassis is what made me look at the Crossfit but the more I looked at the Crossfit the more impressed I became. After visiting the factory I am convinced they are better made than the units I have owned.

There is no way I could buy anything on a Promaster, I just don't fit and I will never own another Mercedes unless I lose my mind.
That’s my dilemma as well
I wish the CrossFit had a rear bath and I wish the Travato had more driver seat room
As it stands now the CrossFit is leading
I can deal with the bathroom more then not being comfortable driving
Old 11-17-2018, 11:32 PM   #28
Bronze Member

We like the K floorplan but really want the Transit platform.
Had a good look at a brand new 22C and the drivers seat and build quality really good.

A Li3 CrossFit with a K floorplan is our van.
Wish Coachmen would revamp the floorplan.

A Canadian company, Okanagan, does do a K layout on a Transit, called the Tribute. No dual rear wheels, but this is only available in Canada.
Britmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 11:51 PM   #29
Bronze Member

Quote:
We like the K floorplan but really want the Transit platform.
Had a good look at a brand new 22C and the drivers seat and build quality really good.

Wish Coachmen would revamp the floorplan!
I agree
I’ve been in the CrossFit and we really loved the quality especially the cabinetry
The driver’s seat was comfortable
Old 11-18-2018, 06:45 AM   #30

Quote:

YES, exactly my thoughts!!

Micki is offline   Reply With Quote