Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-29-2019, 06:37 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Dash Trim and NAV

Hi,

Questions before I decide to change out my NAV system on our Agile. I would need to take the dash from this

to this

Has anyone removed the "tacky" wood like dash from their RoadTrek? I have read it is just double sided tape but trying to not make a mess and would like to learn from anyone else that may have done this already?

2017 RT Agile SS
ponti33602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 10:14 AM   #2
Platinum Member

This past weekend I did swap out the dash "tray" which came with our Agile for a dash "box" like many of you have. I know these are standard on many vehicles. While at it I convinced my wife to let me remove the "tacky" fake-wood dash kit that was on way to many places. Honestly, the stock looks so much better to me than the fake stuff that RT used.

Anyway, the box swap was super simple. Essentially pop off the radio bezel. Two screws above the radio, two more on each of the vent covers. Remove the 2 vent covers to expose the final 2 screws holding the old tray in place.

Still chasing some of the glue residue but will get it all off next weekend. All and all not a very difficult job.

2017 RT Agile SS
ponti33602 is offline   Reply With Quote