Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-19-2019, 11:06 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Dealers wouldn't exaggerate, or (gasp) lie

This is a cut and paste for a brand new etrek listed on ebay by a dealer in Oregon.

I don't even know where to start on this one,

Quote:
2018 Roadtrek E-Trek XL
FOUR WHEEL DRIVE !! 3.0 Liter Turbo Diesel. UnderHood Generator, 470W Solar Panel, Power Awning, Granite Countertops, and much more.
A Boondocker’s Dream With the E-Trek’s diesel fuel design, and solar charging system to help offset power use, you can enjoy being off-the-grid without increasing your carbon footprint. Bask in the amenities of this coach including comfortable seating for 7, sleeping for 4, full kitchen and technology that can’t be matched. With the E-Trek, you can reduce your carbon emissions, not your travel!
Innovative technology EcoTrek is a lithium power module that revolutionizes the boondocking experience. • Worry-free battery management • Module will charge and discharge in weather conditions from -40º to 120º F VoltStart will automatically start the engine to recharge batteries: • No key required in the ignition • Works any time of the day or night.

booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 11:51 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Not that egregious that I can see. Other than the claim that the lithiums can be charged and used to minus 40 degrees. The rest is sales hype, but nothing specifically lied about.

rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 12:24 AM   #3
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowiebowie View Post
Not that egregious that I can see. Other than the claim that the lithiums can be charged and used to minus 40 degrees. The rest is sales hype, but nothing specifically lied about..

There are enough references to reducing your carbon footprint to float a (solar powered) Titanic. It certainly would be interesting to know what you are reducing from, as an alternator charging off a diesel engine normally isn't considered a carbon footprint reducing process unless compared to a going camping in Learjet.

Of course the temp range is totally wrong and certainly could get some customers very angry after they found out that it was 72 degrees off for charging.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 12:54 AM   #4
Platinum Member

[QUOTE=booster;86382
Of course the temp range is totally wrong and certainly could get some customers very angry after they found out that it was 72 degrees off for charging.[/QUOTE]

And of course, I probably only learned that from one of your previous posts on this forum.

A year or two ago, I might have fallen for the whole pitch thinking it offered unlimited boon docking for the coming zombie apocalypse.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 06:54 PM   #5
Gold Member

With a heating ad on the lithiums. -40 can be done. Thats how hybrids do it.
larrylwill is offline   Reply With Quote