Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-01-2017, 02:43 AM   #1

Question Did you rent before you bought your B? From whom?

'Cause I've been looking around all over the internet to see where I can rent a current model B for a weekend-long test drive. Did you rent? From whom?

(Chicago area. You'd think there'd be lots of RVs within shouting distance. You'd *think.*)
ANRiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 03:44 AM   #2
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANRiley View Post
'Cause I've been looking around all over the internet to see where I can rent a current model B for a weekend-long test drive. Did you rent? From whom?

(Chicago area. You'd think there'd be lots of RVs within shouting distance. You'd *think.*)
Absolutely... but rentals are frequently found in high tourist areas where people want to camp. We rented a Travato for a week from Best Time RV out of Vegas. They cater to a lot of European visitors who want smaller rigs. We took it for a week and 1,000 miles to the Grand Canyon and southern Utah. It was well worth the flight and rental cost. I needed to know that the seats would be comfortable for me. A brief test drive never does that and when you are investing even the amounts for the "less" expensive B's you need to be sure. Best Time was a good experience and they now have Hymer as well as the Travato. Our Travato is now on order. I believe Best Time is now a major center for Hymer, partly because of their European connection.
techfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 12:11 PM   #3
Silver Member

We also flew to Las Vegas, rented the Travato 59G from Best Time RV, and drove it to/around Death Valley National Park. It was phenomenal, especially the view from our campsite at Panamint Springs.
JeanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 03:14 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Default RV Share

https://rvshare.com/c/Class%20B%20Ca...%20Van&rating=

Anyone ever rent thru here?

We didn't pre-rent before buy....did nearly 2-years of research. We are happy with our decision but I would recommend it for sure. I think Advanced RV rents as well but in Ohio. Like a 6 hr drive I think.

Luxury Mercedes Advanced-RV for Rent - Visit RV Rental By Advanced

2017 RT Agile SS
ponti33602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 05:05 PM   #5
Platinum Member

I have rented from this place in Denver. I rented their Tiger RV, had a great time and learned a lot from this. It saved me a ton of money.

Adventure Vehicle Rentals | Sportsmobile | Tiger | Chaser | Rubicon | Landcruiser | Colorado | Go Explore It
jrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 06:37 PM   #6
Bronze Member

We're renting this next week:

https://www.outdoorsy.co/rv-rental/show/11014
Lkwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 03:09 AM   #7
Platinum Member

Highly recommend renting first. We did twice and it sealed the deal for us on the size, layout and options that were important to us and not just theorized about. ARV rents their vans in Ohio. Also there are some listed on the Roadtrek and Pleasureway sites. I believe Fretz in PA rents too. As mentioned above you might need to travel to get the type of rental you want.
Keyne is offline   Reply With Quote