Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 05-15-2018, 07:41 AM   #1
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: CA
Posts: 824
Default Do you ever connect fresh water inlet hose on your Roadtrek at RV parks or sites

OK, on a recent trip... I noticed that all of these larger RV's were hooked up to the fresh water at the campground, but, they didn't use a water regulator...

SO, I asked them why and they said their unit had a built in water regulator for their rig..

Does anyone know if you can get one installed on the Class B.. I can't find any information on whether my 2012 RS has one built on, SO, I assume it does not.

Maybe it's just easier to attach the regulator to the hose at the campsite, but, it's just another thing to carry and of course someone could always rip it off...

So far, we've just been using the gravity feed through the door panel slot , works just fine and we're pretty mobile anyway... one less connection... besides electric when we can find that ...

Finally, would you set the pressure for... 15 pounds or less...

Any input would be great...
__________________

Roadtrek Adventuous RS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 12:40 PM   #2
Platinum Member
 
Davydd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 4,187
Default

Advanced RV installs a water regulator internally on the city fill. You can also gravity fill at the B pillar when you open the passenger cab door. The 40 gallon fresh tank fits under the sliding door area.

The water regulator is just an inexpensive brass extension you can put on your external hose you can buy at any camping store. If you get ripped off you would most likely lose hose and all. You only need to attach your hose at the city water fill only if you have full hookups including sewer then you can take 10 minute showers.
__________________

__________________
Davydd
2015 Advanced RV Ocean One Mercedes Benz Sprinter
Previous Class Bs:
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 12:47 PM   #3
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 6,403
Default

Most of us us a hose mounted regulator, I think. Ours is similar to this one, but there are lots of variations of them.


https://www.amazon.com/Danco-88331E-...sure+regulator
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 07:29 PM   #4
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: CA
Posts: 824
Default Absolutely correct....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd View Post
Advanced RV installs a water regulator internally on the city fill. You can also gravity fill at the B pillar when you open the passenger cab door. The 40 gallon fresh tank fits under the sliding door area.

The water regulator is just an inexpensive brass extension you can put on your external hose you can buy at any camping store. If you get ripped off you would most likely lose hose and all. You only need to attach your hose at the city water fill only if you have full hookups including sewer then you can take 10 minute showers.

YES, you're correct.... why attach the hose or regulator at all... on second thought. I'm inclined to skip it.
Roadtrek Adventuous RS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 07:48 PM   #5
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 6,403
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadtrek Adventuous RS1 View Post
YES, you're correct.... why attach the hose or regulator at all... on second thought. I'm inclined to skip it.

We don't normally hook up if there is water unless it has been a while since we flushed the waste tanks well and the site also has sewer. Hooked up to shore water it is really easy to fill and dump them several times to get a decent cleaning. Much, much, easier than bucketing in water at the dump station while holding up everyone else.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 11:15 PM   #6
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 204
Default

I think you will find that most RV regulators are set for 40 psi. If that is not correct, I am sure someone will pipe up.

Actually, I am not going to stay any one place hooked up long in a B because (no pun intended) the whole purpose of the camper van is mobility. I just as soon pump from the tanks and use the campground water system to fill the tanks a time or two. Just my personal preference. We only hook up the electricity for the microwave or AC. Otherwise, preference is for total mobility and independence from connections and dependency.

Paul
Doneworking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 11:23 PM   #7
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: CA
Posts: 824
Default Mobility is the key to a Class B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doneworking View Post
I think you will find that most RV regulators are set for 40 psi. If that is not correct, I am sure someone will pipe up.

Actually, I am not going to stay any one place hooked up long in a B because (no pun intended) the whole purpose of the camper van is mobility. I just as soon pump from the tanks and use the campground water system to fill the tanks a time or two. Just my personal preference. We only hook up the electricity for the microwave or AC. Otherwise, preference is for total mobility and independence from connections and dependency.

Paul
Paul, completely agree with you...

We hook up for electric... I just started thinking about this because of the shower water issue... but, with only a 21 gallons of gray water tank... unless you do all the hook-ups what's the point... plus, with the acordian hose that just pulls out of the RS Adventurous...it's so easy to dump...the hose is permanently attached...not like the many rigs I've seen that have to use a bayonet mount....

You're right.. us Class B's have a very light footprint....can be off pretty fast..
Roadtrek Adventuous RS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 12:05 AM   #8
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 204
Default

It is strange. When we built our current home we had a fifty gallon hot water tank plumbed to service only the master bath. That way, we can literally stand in the shower and run fifty gallons of hot water. That is a real shower! However, when traveling in our B, it bothers us not at all to take a marine shower.

After all these years and four Bs we still see this as an adventure. If we wanted every convenience imaginable we would travel by alternative means or just stay home. Everyone has their own style, but mobility and tranquility in some incredible natural setting is pretty well heaven on earth to us and a marine shower is a small price to pay IMO.

Paul
Doneworking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 11:00 AM   #9
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: FL
Posts: 30
Default

We have a Travato and connect to water more times than not. We do have a pressure regulator connected to our hose. This is our 3rd motorhome and second B. I've never liked using the water pump but that is personal.
__________________
Gail
2017 Travato K
Gail Staton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 05:03 PM   #10
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: CA
Posts: 824
Default What's wrong with the "water pump"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gail Staton View Post
We have a Travato and connect to water more times than not. We do have a pressure regulator connected to our hose. This is our 3rd motorhome and second B. I've never liked using the water pump but that is personal.
You mentioned you never liked using the water pump??
Please explain...

3rd Class B?? You must like them...I like ours...
Yes, they're smaller and have some limitations especially the small bathroom and narrow aisle... BUT, I love the handling and the way it drives.. plus the fuel efficiency...

We take ours everywhere.... and because of the fuel efficiency...we can and do see more...

That's a big plus ....

What unit do you have currently?? And what did you have before that...?
__________________

Roadtrek Adventuous RS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT. The time now is 05:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.