Old 05-10-2018, 02:55 AM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Do you use your wet bathroom for showers?

OK, I'll admit this may sound like a trick question, but, honestly, it's NOT....

We purchased our 2012 Roadtrek RS Adventuous one year ago, and we've never used the shower.. REALLY...
And, there's no evidence that the shower has ever been used by the original owners... they primarily used it to go to wine tasting events and took friends.... when we purchased the rig, the generator had maybe 15 hours on it...in 5 years.. and only 26,000 miles...

Further, I've only met one person who ever actually said they took a shower in a Roadtrek 190 ... and said it was an "experience"...of course the 190 and the 210 has the shower drain in the aisle... thankfully, the RS Adventuous has a different setup.. drain is near the outside wall on the passenger side of the coach... The doors are designed to pivot and there's a five inch channel around the base of the wet bath.

Then there's the issue of everything getting wet...do you attempt to dry everything every time you use it...or does the fan take care of most of this..??

We normally are in places that have showers so we just use the facilities there...

What's your experience??

Roadtrek Adventuous RS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 03:19 AM   #2
Site Team

I shower in our rig literally every morning. Next to having our own bed, having our own shower is the greatest luxury of having a B-van. I have never come close to understanding why anyone would use a public shower when they are carrying around their very own.

As for drying, I just do a quick wipe down with my towel and then hang it up to dry.

Old 05-10-2018, 06:22 AM   #3
Platinum Member

For the last 35 years we had a few boats and RVs with dry and wet showers and they were practically not used. So, for the current DIY conversion we just have external shower connection primarily used to rinse dishes.

The following are our 3 reasons why we use campgrounds’ (marina in the past) showers if available:

1. Water capacities limitation on sub 20’ van (16 gal fresh water in our current van), if water hook-ups are available so are the campground showers without fresh and grey water limitations. 5 min. walk is OK.

2. We like windows and openness, shower takes considerable space on 144” WB van.

3. All RV dry and wet showers we had were claustrophobically small, limited elbow room or bending down constrains.

If we have a large C or A class with home like bathroom we could revisit shower inside but we will not have large C or A class.
GeorgeRa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 06:25 AM   #4
Gold Member

I've used the aisle shower in my 190 a few times. It's not my preference - I'd rather use the campground showers if they're available - but if it's necessary to use it, it works well enough. I dry off the floor afterward; if I can, I leave the shower curtain out to dry, but that isn't always feasible (I won't drive with it blocking the view out the back).
Old 05-10-2018, 12:38 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Count us in the Avanti corner. We have never used showers at campgrounds and most of the time we don't stay where there are showers available. We take a marine shower daily in the enclosed wet bath on our Roadtrek 210P. When we had a 190P we used the aisle shower every day as well.

Now, the Roadtreks have nice size fresh tanks on their Chevy based (and old Dodge based) rigs and that is one reason we like them. 30 gallons of fresh water and six gallons of hot water. Three gallons will give you a good marine shower, four gallons is luxury.

Cleaning our wet bath after a shower takes no more than three or four minutes. I keep a large, quality sponge stored loose on the floor near the shower drain and just ring it out and wipe down the area, follow up with a couple of paper towels occasionally, turn on the bathroom vent and the whole shebang quickly dries just fine.

If we were not going to use the john and shower we would go back to a nice tent.

Paul
Doneworking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 12:59 PM   #6
Platinum Member

This is a great question, we haven't had our RV long, but like Avanti I prefer to use it shower over the campgrounds shower. When I was winterized I had to use the campground and it just added more hassle factor to me.
Mfturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 03:25 PM   #7
Gold Member

We will only use our shower as a last resort if no campground or other showers are not available. Reason being fresh water tank limitations not to mention the space limitations
(and we are not big people either)
Old 05-10-2018, 03:39 PM   #8
Gold Member

I have a Roadtrek 2004 190P and I use the shower a lot.

If there are nice campground showers i will use them but that is rare. We boondock mostly.

When I bought the camper I thought that the aisle shower would be a pain, but actually it works well. Since you are only surrounded by the curtain (no hard enclosure) it’s a lot more comfortable.

I plan to replace the rugs, the ones I have now are very clumsy.

Cleaning up the water is pretty easy. I have a brown microfiber towel that is designated as the floor mop. I run it around and it picks up all the water. I leave the curtain unfurled and just a bit into the aisle. It dries pretty quickly.
CaDreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 04:27 PM   #9
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaDreamin View Post
I have a Roadtrek 2004 190P and I use the shower a lot.

If there are nice campground showers i will use them but that is rare. We boondock mostly.

When I bought the camper I thought that the aisle shower would be a pain, but actually it works well. Since you are only surrounded by the curtain (no hard enclosure) it’s a lot more comfortable.

I plan to replace the rugs, the ones I have now are very clumsy.

Cleaning up the water is pretty easy. I have a brown microfiber towel that is designated as the floor mop. I run it around and it picks up all the water. I leave the curtain unfurled and just a bit into the aisle. It dries pretty quickly.

We haven't yet but agree that campground showers are usually not up to what we want so plan to begin on our next trip.

2017 RT Agile SS
ponti33602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 07:18 PM   #10
Platinum Member

Last time I rented a RT class "B", I found the aisle shower pretty decent. In fact, I like it how it allows a lot more usable space in the van when it isn't in use.

Given a choice, I like well kept bath-houses, but since I boondock often, the aisle shower did the job without issue.

I do like rear baths, like the "K" floorplan. When you can open the rear doors in a secluded area in the middle of nowhere, you definitely have a lot more elbow room to shower.

mlts22 is offline   Reply With Quote