Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-01-2018, 05:59 PM   #21

Default Locking issue solved thanks to this forum

I'm a first time campervan/rv owner (2017 Travato 59G). I've had this issue a couple of times in the last few days (only had the unit for a week). First time I discovered I'd left wipers in an on position (had to start Travato to find that out). This time I took a suggestion posted on this forum and kept the passenger door open while closing the sliding door first. Worked like a charm. All doors locked now. Thanks!
HawksGlide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 01:23 AM   #22
Platinum Member

Several of us have mounted a small handle just below the slider window on the inside about halfway front-to-back. This allows us to more easily close the slider from the inside.

Build Site: msnomersvan.wordpress.com
Travel Site: woodworkingtraveler.wordpress.com
MsNomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 10:37 PM   #23

I found that the lower portion of the door opening has 2 rubber stoppers that thread in.. Over time they unthread which make them seem like spacers preventing the contacts to touch.. just twist them in and then bingo.. no more space..
Hitmankb67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 08:17 PM   #24
Gold Member

Guess i am lucky. Never had a problem with or without the parking brake on. Myself, I would never disconnect a wire to get something to work.
kmessinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 05:29 AM   #25

Question 2017 Ram Promaster Sliding Door Alignment Issue

Hi, I'm sure we all know about the flaky sliding door contacts on the Promaster.

I'm new to this issue and hoping others have found a work around to solve the sliding door jam contact plate issue.

In my case it seems like the lower half of the door is sticking out about a 1/4" from flush when closed, the top half is flush. As a result no doors will lock with the fob unless I lean really hard on the side sliding door to push the contacts together while pushing the lock on the fob, this is not easy and seems like its a door alignment issue.

My question is, has anyone discovered a process to align the rear edge form top to bottom of the sliding door so its flush all the way down?

Thanks for any guidance...
2017 Ram Promaster 1500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 03:11 AM   #26
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsNomer View Post
Several of us have mounted a small handle just below the slider window on the inside about halfway front-to-back. This allows us to more easily close the slider from the inside.
A picture would be appreciated.
Old 05-03-2019, 04:41 PM   #27
Platinum Member

Build Site: msnomersvan.wordpress.com
Travel Site: woodworkingtraveler.wordpress.com
MsNomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 06:45 PM   #28

Default Thanks Everyone!

After trying everything else including fuses I finally tried leaving the drivers side door open when I close the slider. All doors then locked and everything is well.
peterb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 07:36 PM   #29
Silver Member

Default Check rubber bumpers

If the bottom rear of the slider is not flush when closed there's a good chance that the bumper needs adjusted. These are just rubber protrusions that stick out and contact the door when it is closed. There's one on top and one on the bottom toward rear of door. They have a coarse thread on them so if you twist them they go in or out. The lower one might need screwed in a bit. If it's out too far it will keep the door from closing completely and maybe not latching very easy too. And keep the contacts apart.

On my Promaster it was out so far the door seal didn't seal well either and there was some wind noise.

A second (less likely) proposition is that the door latch bar needs adjusted inward.
Ken Allan is offline   Reply With Quote