Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 09-09-2018, 08:31 PM   #1
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: CA
Posts: 1,138
Default Does anyone here have direct experience with the response times from Coach Net?

I currently have AAA Premier RV... however, I'm thinking seriously about switching to Coach Net....

AAA has been great on "emergency roadside service" as I've been a member for over 35 years...... don't have any benchmark for what Coach Net will do....

I'm really careful about keeping up with my vehicle..but, things can and do happen...

Plus, AAA is only a 100 miles tow and recently found out that it's a port to port mileage...in other words...they will start counting the miles from the moment they leave their station until they get back to their original location....

That could significantly lower the miles they tow you .....and make you pay for the excess mileage....

Any input is welcome...
__________________

Roadtrek Adventuous RS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 08:43 PM   #2
Site Team
 
avanti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,266
Default

This is like asking whether your car insurance company does a good job fixing your car... They don't fix your car, they just arrange and pay to get it fixed.

Towing response time is a function of where you are stuck and time of day/year, not which insurer you use. They all draw from the same pool of towing companies. They will all place a request to the nearest available tow service immediately. It is just an email--they aren't going to sit on your problem. After that, it is the luck of the draw. CoachNet always checks back to make sure they showed up (I am not saying that other's don't do so as well). That is the best any of them can do.

Talk to any tow driver. He or she will confirm that they get calls from all the insurers.
__________________

__________________
Formerly: 2005 Airstream Interstate (Sprinter 2500 T1N)
Now!: 2014 Great West Vans Legend SE (Sprinter 3500 NCV3 I4)
avanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 09:36 PM   #3
Bud
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: LA
Posts: 840
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by avanti View Post
This is like asking whether your car insurance company does a good job fixing your car... They don't fix your car, they just arrange and pay to get it fixed.

Towing response time is a function of where you are stuck and time of day/year, not which insurer you use. They all draw from the same pool of towing companies. They will all place a request to the nearest available tow service immediately. It is just an email--they aren't going to sit on your problem. After that, it is the luck of the draw. CoachNet always checks back to make sure they showed up (I am not saying that other's don't do so as well). That is the best any of them can do.

Talk to any tow driver. He or she will confirm that they get calls from all the insurers.
avanti, OK I'm maybe in another 'Altered State of Mind', but I suspicion that you have responded to 'Troll Like Behavior'.

Bud
Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 09:41 PM   #4
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: CA
Posts: 1,138
Default Is this that difficult to answer??

Quote:
Originally Posted by avanti View Post
This is like asking whether your car insurance company does a good job fixing your car... They don't fix your car, they just arrange and pay to get it fixed.

Towing response time is a function of where you are stuck and time of day/year, not which insurer you use. They all draw from the same pool of towing companies. They will all place a request to the nearest available tow service immediately. It is just an email--they aren't going to sit on your problem. After that, it is the luck of the draw. CoachNet always checks back to make sure they showed up (I am not saying that other's don't do so as well). That is the best any of them can do.

Talk to any tow driver. He or she will confirm that they get calls from all the insurers.
I understand, BUT, the AAA has a contract with just about everyone wherever you are... and I've never waited more than 1 hour.... it's usually between 20 and 45 minutes... they even send me a text message alerting me of their progress on the way and when they are about to arrive...

I know it's a contract service for roadside assistance...I just wanted to know that it's not several hours....

Again, the AAA has never failed to get me to a safe location quickly... and let me know the status...

Do you think I could rely on Coach Net to do this without making me wait for several hours.....??
Roadtrek Adventuous RS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 09:56 PM   #5
Site Team
 
avanti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,266
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadtrek Adventuous RS1 View Post
I understand, BUT, the AAA has a contract with just about everyone wherever you are... and I've never waited more than 1 hour.... it's usually between 20 and 45 minutes... they even send me a text message alerting me of their progress on the way and when they are about to arrive...

I know it's a contract service for roadside assistance...I just wanted to know that it's not several hours....

Again, the AAA has never failed to get me to a safe location quickly... and let me know the status...

Do you think I could rely on Coach Net to do this without making me wait for several hours.....??
See message #2.

I will summarize:
THEY ARE ALL LARGELY THE SAME.
(And, yes, I do know what typing in all caps signifies).

P.S. -- AAA certainly does NOT have "a contract with just about everyone wherever you are". AAA is a federation of 42 independent motor clubs. Whatever "contracts" exist are with individual clubs, and are certainly not all the same. Some clubs DO have their own tow services in major metropolitan areas, so there is that.
__________________
Formerly: 2005 Airstream Interstate (Sprinter 2500 T1N)
Now!: 2014 Great West Vans Legend SE (Sprinter 3500 NCV3 I4)
avanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 10:47 PM   #6
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: CA
Posts: 1,138
Default Coach Net

Thank you for clarifying this.
So.. I could rely on Coach Net as much as the Auto Club..
Roadtrek Adventuous RS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 10:49 PM   #7
Bud
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: LA
Posts: 840
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadtrek Adventuous RS1 View Post
Thank you for clarifying this.
So.. I could rely on Coach Net as much as the Auto Club..
"see message #2".

Bud
Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 02:47 PM   #8
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: PA
Posts: 10
Default

We had AAA for many years and never had a problem - the regular coverage - not RV.

Then we got Coach Net and dropped AAA. The one time we broke down near home (not with the RV) they could not find anyone to tow us for hours. The guy on the phone was real nice, but I sat along side the road for over 3 hours in the middle of the night. He said no one recognized Coach Net.

Finally they were able to find a tow company from pretty far away. They came and did the job.

We now carry AAA as well so we won't be stranded near home.
pasusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 03:23 PM   #9
Platinum Member
 
goreds2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Oh - H - Eye - OH
Posts: 180
Default

I have Coach Net and love it. They have a sense of urgency when calling them. I requested a tow about 40 miles further to a mechanic I preferred. My auto insurance covered that extra cost. I took a picture of the bill and emailed it to my insurance agent. They then mailed me a check.
__________________
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C (B+ ?) 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds
goreds2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 05:27 PM   #10
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: CA
Posts: 1,138
Default Thank you ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasusan View Post
We had AAA for many years and never had a problem - the regular coverage - not RV.

Then we got Coach Net and dropped AAA. The one time we broke down near home (not with the RV) they could not find anyone to tow us for hours. The guy on the phone was real nice, but I sat along side the road for over 3 hours in the middle of the night. He said no one recognized Coach Net.

Finally they were able to find a tow company from pretty far away. They came and did the job.

We now carry AAA as well so we won't be stranded near home.
Aside from the RV issue of only 100 miles towing..I love AAA....

They have never let me down.
__________________

Roadtrek Adventuous RS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT. The time now is 09:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.