Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-03-2018, 09:11 PM   #1

Default Dometic Refrigerator Repair Shop Near Minn/St. Paul

Howdy,

Wondering if any of you are around the Minneapolis/St. Paul area and know of a good repair shop that might be open on Saturdays to troubleshoot/repair my Dometic Refrigerator (see earlier thread). We'll be dropping down from UP Michigan, approaching from Stillwater, cutting across to 494 to 41 to Chaska. Will arrived Fri. afternoon. One never knows if one doesn't ask and we've experienced all sorts of "trail magic" in the last few weeks!

Thanks.

JoAnne
The Jode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 11:01 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Saturday could be really tough. Maybe check around a larger town up in the U.P. to get it looked at before you come down?
Just for fun:'15 Kawasaki Versys650LT
Perfection is a fantasy, though improvement is possible(Wifey).
SteveJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 03:41 AM   #3
Platinum Member

The manual that I linked you to lists "fuse" as possible cause for blinking and "audible" signal....which I assume is your beeping. It could also be caused by other problems, but note that it's listed for 120v and 12v, so, yes, I'm guessing that your fridge does require continuous 12v to operate. There must be a fuse somewhere in the RV for this circuit. I have 120v fuses and circuit breakers on my old PleasureWay RV. It looks to me that the main controlling circuit board requires 12v to maintain functioning in all modes (12v,120v and gas). I would be pouring over the RV to find those fuses and, as others have stated, replace them. It could be that lightning blew a fuse......or it might have destroyed a voltage sensitive circuit board. Does your RV have a basic manual that shows you where the fuses/circuit breakers are located? Mine is unclear but I found them by opening a door to the water heater (!) and by opening the voltage converter panel (mine is located under one of the beds). If you have breakers, click them off-on. A volt/ohm meter can be used to test the fuse but if you've located the fuse for the fridge, it's probably cheaper to replace. Sorry. I'm not a Dometic tech. Did you try calling their tech line? Worth a try if you haven't. I'll repost this on your other thread. Good luck.

Glenn
GallenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 03:44 AM   #4
Platinum Member

Steve: What is America's Seaplane City? Is that an actual name?
GallenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 10:49 AM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GallenH View Post
Steve: What is America's Seaplane City? Is that an actual name?
Tavares, FL. The city built a nice little sea plane base/marina right downtown complete with a fueling station. On Lake Dora. Pretty cool. You can land there, get a bite to eat and/or get a room within a short walk. Several eateries/pubs. A person could even walk a block or two and hop on a train for a short ride with a dining option.

It got a bit rumpled after Irma last year. The city is in the planning stages for a new base that will allegedly withstand 180 mph winds.

Google is your friend.
Just for fun:'15 Kawasaki Versys650LT
Perfection is a fantasy, though improvement is possible(Wifey).
SteveJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 12:44 PM   #6
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jode View Post
Wondering if any of you are around the Minneapolis/St. Paul area and know of a good repair shop that might be open on Saturdays to troubleshoot/repair my Dometic Refrigerator (see earlier thread).
If you are still looking, I suggest that you call Lake Region RVs in Ramsey MN and ask their service department. I'm certain that they can refer you... Phone 763-421-1419
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 12:26 AM   #7
Bronze Member

I know it is late, but Milke's LP in Maplewood is excellent--although they are usually booked way in advance. They fixed my fridge and it now works flawlessly(1996 PleasureWay). If you are still in town and need assistance, give them a call Monday morning.
https://www.mikeslpgasandrvservice.com/contact.html
scootertramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 07:59 PM   #8
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jode View Post
Howdy,

Wondering if any of you are around the Minneapolis/St. Paul area and know of a good repair shop that might be open on Saturdays to troubleshoot/repair my Dometic Refrigerator (see earlier thread). We'll be dropping down from UP Michigan, approaching from Stillwater, cutting across to 494 to 41 to Chaska. Will arrived Fri. afternoon. One never knows if one doesn't ask and we've experienced all sorts of "trail magic" in the last few weeks!

Thanks.

JoAnne
I picked up a new Simplicity in Iowa and found the fridge wouldnt turn off after 2 days. I called 10 RV repairs and all were 2-4 weeks out, I called this guy and he told me to come right over. It was Sat. He has a warehouse full of Fridges, and air conditions, new refurbished and scratch and dent. He diagnosed and put in a thermostat in about 1/2 hour. It was used because he didn't have a new one because he said Norcold shipped out a bunch with too much air pressure in the bulb and they wouldnt turn off. Mine is AC only, but he does it all, sometimes employes help. Keep calling he will answer eventually. National RV Refrigeration
larrylwill is offline   Reply With Quote