Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-17-2015, 02:18 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default E-trek wiki

E-trek wiki - Ok not quite

I'm hoping some past and present E-trek and Etrek package owners will post some basic info about their RV's.

It will be interesting to get an idea of variations available and could help link owners of similarly configured units together for help with basic how to's etc.

Model year & perhaps month constructed
Brand and wattage rating of inverter
Voltage rating of inverter 12v or 24v
Balancer / equaliser installed
Solar controller brand
Alde equipped
Webast equipped

Etc.

This could be very helpful, very useful info in 5, 10, 15 years time as these RV's change hands to 2nd, 3rd, 4th owners etc.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 02:28 PM   #2
Platinum Member

I think that would be a very useful list for anyone who ever has or considers an etrek.

You might also want to add a section on if the current configuration is the original, as we have heard, often unconfirmed, of changes made to already shipped units. For instance, there was some discussion of the early ones having two Progressive Dynamics chargers that were later replaced with ??

We now have the equalizers being added to existing units, also. I am sure there are others that we haven't heard about.

I think Roadtrek's tendency to use "no name" type components could make repair/replacement of systems difficult in the future, as no one will have much experience with them. The major brands have probably 1000's of places that are familiar with them.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 02:45 PM   #3
Platinum Member

There are some unique ones for sure. This was probably the first lithium battery unit:

Sprinter-Forum - View Single Post - Is Roadtrek RS ETrex. perfect for Boondocking ?

Quote:
My E-Trek uses two types of DC voltage, 12 Volt and 24 Volt. The system consists of:
One 12 volt Lithionics Battery in the engine compartment
Two 24 Volt 200AH Lithium batteries in the rear
24 Volt 140 AMP Nations Alternator
AIMS 6000 watt inverter
Tripp Lite Inverter Charger
50 AMP Lithium Battery Charger
ProVista MPPT Solar Controller
Lithionics Never Die Battery Manager

The 24 volt 140 amp alternator charges the rear battery bank only
The Aims unit is connected to the rear 24 volt battery bank and is used strictly as an inverter. It powers all the appliances that normally operate off shore power
The solar panel and 24 volt lithium battery charger are connected to the rear battery bank only
The chassis alternator charges the 12 volt lithium battery installed in the engine compartment
The 12 volt system operates DC powered appliances and the lighting in the motor home portion of the unit
Shore power is routed to the 12 volt battery charger and the 24 volt battery charger
The two Progressive Dynamics units in an Etrek was Arlo's Etrek:

http://www.classbforum.com/forums/f5...html#post20087

Quote:
There's a bit of a story there. The original inverter in my E-Trek (May 2013 build) was a 5000w AIMS. I had some warranty issues (not involving the inverter or converters/chargers) that could not be dealt with locally and my dealer is a 6 hour drive north, so in February 2014 RT central sent a driver to my home and returned the E-Trek to the factory (with driver's car in tow). I was impressed, and still am, with the effort that RT put into making me a happy camper. My RT-central contact asked if it was okay to upgrade my E-Trek to the inverter/charger used in the current builds. Sure, said I. When the unit was returned to me a few weeks later the blue AIMS inverter was replaced by a black (smaller) Power Star LW-series 5000w inverter/charger, and the two Progressive Dynamics converter/chargers that were there previously were gone. I was extremely busy with work at the time and did not pursue the details of what motivated the change. (In retrospect, I can't believe I was that busy with other things!) The good news is that all's well, but from my perspective all was well with the electrical system before the upgrade, so I really don't know what motivated the swap. BTW, the Power Star inverter/charger is what is in the 2014 CS Adventurous mentioned in my previous post. It does have a remote above the slider (same one as the AIMS), so I can't comment on the 2015 Agile that you mentioned.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 07:59 PM   #4
Platinum Member

One of the problems in listing the specs is of RT's own doing: they don't tell you. I think I have sorted mine out, but I have no factory connection diagram. I'm not very electrically informed, and I spent a lot of time with my voltmeter trying to figure out what was doing what and when. I still may not be quite correct.

I'll add my full specs here when I can gather them all together.
Old 10-17-2015, 08:22 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markopolo View Post
There are some unique ones for sure. This was probably the first lithium battery unit:

Sprinter-Forum - View Single Post - Is Roadtrek RS ETrex. perfect for Boondocking ?

The two Progressive Dynamics units in an Etrek was Arlo's Etrek:

http://www.classbforum.com/forums/f5...html#post20087
in hindsight roadtrek just started buying the lw powerstars from a different supplier. if you go to aimspower you'll see that their LW series is rebadged powerstars
gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote