Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-28-2015, 01:22 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Electical issue on 59g

I'm on the road right now so there isn't much I'm going to investigate or try to fix but one morning I turned on the inside lights in my van and it remained dark. Think the battery might be dead, I checked the monitor panel and it said the battery was fully charged. I tried different things like the water pump, step, furnace, etc. and they all worked properly. I checked the monitor again and it had stopped working.

The two 15 amp fuses that protect those two circuits are blown. I turned off the battery disconnect, put new fuses in the light position and they blew immediately when I turned the disconnect back on. No need to turn on a light. They fuses blew right away.

Clues: 1) The lights worked in the afternoon. We drove through a rain storm and parked in the woods. Lights haven't worked since. 2) Panel worked when lights didn't, now doesn't. 3) Light switch doesn't have to be turned on to blow a fuse. Not sure about the monitor panel as I'm out of 15 amp fuses. 4) Fuses are right next to each other in the panel.

So we'll be heading home where I'll take a look. I'd rather deal with it than take it to the dealer. If you have any thoughts on the matter or trouble shooting procedures, please post them. I'll be out of internet range for a couple of day so I won't be able to respond, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,
Eric

"Il Travato Rosso"
2015 Travato 59g
eric1514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 11:30 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Sounds like a short & the fuses are doing their job. I'd suggest getting it to a dealer as you're probably still under warranty.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote