Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-28-2013, 11:43 PM   #1

Default electric sofa/bed malfunction

On my 2006 Leisure Van Sprinter the electric sofa seat/bed went down fine but it will not come back up. There seems to be power to it, at least more on one side than the other that trys to come up but the drivers side doesn't seem to respond. I checked for obstructions under, around and on top of the unit and all the electrical attachments, and all seems clear. any suggestions?
orcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 03:34 PM   #2

Default Re: electric sofa/bed malfunction

Same thing happened to mine and the gear mechanism had to be replaced.
arvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:14 PM   #3
Platinum Member

That is my biggest concern/worst fear about the couch/beds. Where does one find parts (or even the OEM name) for the mechanism provider these days?
mlts22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:00 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Have you tried to "assist" it while pushing the button at the same time? If it only has one motor on it and it is trying to move, it may be bound up on the "screwjack?" Check all the hinges for binding problems.
AK49er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 12:23 AM   #5

I have a Great West 08 classic with electric bed. Mine stopped going in or out and made noises. Took it to local winnabeago dealer. He loosed bed and jacked it up. There was a broken plastic wheel that took bed off the tracks. Called GW and they didnt have the part in stock and had too make it up This took one week and am awaiting them sending the part. My rig has been at dealers for 2 weeks so far. Just hope when he gets the part he can realign the bed. No fun and hope ending is good. Dont know the cost yet. Will keep you updated FYI.
seadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:46 PM   #6

Ok going into week four for bed fix. It took over 2 weeks to make the plastic wheels that malfunctioned. Also do you realize the Candian Mfg would not accept a US credit card? A check had to be sent. My dealer is a very good Winnie dealer . He has a lot of patiance. Is it a fcat you can run a credit card through Canada? The new parts have been replaced and the bed now goes forward and back. Problem is it doesnt lock properly. Dealer needs the schematics to figure out whats wrong. Hopefully this will not involve another 2 weeks of getting parts. One thing I learned is that the electric bed can be a problem and at least needs to be funtioning very well befor purchase. Any noise or lack of smoothness should raise the red flag. Make sure the dealer will back up any fixes for a few months after purchase.

Will keep you informed of my progress.

I will keep you informed
Old 10-22-2013, 07:13 PM   #7

It took 3 weeks but finally got the GW back. The dealer did a great job and the bed is working fine. Lots of labor and some parts. He had to figure out what was wrong. Several plastic parts broke and this detracked the slide and misaligned the whole bed slide. I was lucky to know about Continental Reecreation Vechicles in Farmingdale Ny. 631 756 8020. If you have a problem he can probably fix it. He fabricates large RV's for health care organizations. So he can fix almost anything.

Sometimes one cannot find a dealer for these RVs. Nice if you live or are near Canada but often Us dealers are few and far between.
Old 10-23-2013, 12:27 AM   #8
Platinum Member

Great that it is done. Here's Continental RV's website: http://www.continentalrv.com/ Nice to know of a recommended dealer.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote