Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-29-2015, 01:53 AM   #1
Platinum Member

Location: Sarnialabad, The Newly Elected People's Republic of Canuckistan
Default Evergreen Imperial 245WS

Sorry if this has been discussed already or spotted previously, but it looked interesting. No price. It looked familiar. Like an older Roadtrek 200 or 210. On a Benz chassis.
http://www.rvtrader.com/listing/2016-Ev ... OTAyNjE1S0
Old 05-29-2015, 02:38 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Default Re: Evergreen Imperial 245WS

Saw one place's MSRP... $168,000.00. Nice idea, but if doing fiberglass bodywork, there are better floorplans available.
mlts22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 02:45 AM   #3
Platinum Member

Better floor plans maybe. What about functionality? Better bath layout includes rear bed area. I liked that. Someone put personal hygiene ahead of food prep? Or storage? I hope it's a design trend.
Old 05-30-2015, 04:49 PM   #4
Platinum Member

That stand alone shower would be a great place to carry big items like lounge chairs , screen rooms etc...
stanw909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 08:38 PM   #5
Platinum Member

We are the type to not care much about a big bathroom or shower, aisle bath is fine for us, but that is pretty interesting to us for several reasons. Toilet faces the aisle so you don't use any extra length for just feet, with the shower separate and behind it's own door. For those of us that chose storage over hygiene the shower could easily be a dandy closet, storage area. Extra seat could also be replaced by an armoire or other cabinet is you chose to. At 24' long, I am surprised they didn't leave any big item storage at the rear, though.

I like the body style and shape. If we were to go to something as long as 24', I think this style would win over a stock body extended, for us, but with a modified floorplan.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 10:21 PM   #6
Platinum Member

Wow, another B with a ginormous TV. This must be becoming a thing.

Next thing you know, there will be one where you can watch it whilst sitting on the crapper. Hopefully you can reach the refrigerator without having to get up.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 10:50 PM   #7
Platinum Member

I bought the ginormous TV and they threw in a motorhome to run it.
Agreed about the shower being a multifunctional space for tall or long stuff like skis, lawn chairs, beach umbrellas, barge poles....
Old 05-31-2015, 06:48 PM   #8
van

I have an idea, let's put a giant, expensive hatch door on the rear so that we can put a huge TV there, but we'll block any access to get inside the coach because on the other side of this TV, is, a TV.

Where do they find the people that are designing these things?
van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 06:55 PM   #9
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by van
I have an idea, let's put a giant, expensive hatch door on the rear so that we can put a huge TV there, but we'll block any access to get inside the coach because on the other side of this TV, is, a TV.

Where do they find the people that are designing these things?
They design to appeal to the typical American RVer preferences. Are you not American? Because if you were you would loooooove the TV-centric design.
Old 06-01-2015, 05:52 AM   #10
van

Why not just bring your own giant TV and place it exactly you want it, whether that be inside or outside? Or better yet grab the new LG PF 1500 HD LED projector that's smaller than a shoebox?
van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 12:16 PM   #11
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster
We are the type to not care much about a big bathroom or shower, aisle bath is fine for us, but that is pretty interesting to us for several reasons. Toilet faces the aisle so you don't use any extra length for just feet, with the shower separate and behind it's own door. For those of us that chose storage over hygiene the shower could easily be a dandy closet, storage area. Extra seat could also be replaced by an armoire or other cabinet is you chose to. At 24' long, I am surprised they didn't leave any big item storage at the rear, though.

I like the body style and shape. If we were to go to something as long as 24', I think this style would win over a stock body extended, for us, but with a modified floorplan.
It looks closer to an existing Chevrolet chassis conversion but on a Benz cutaway, or so it seems. You raise some good points about the layout. I think I'd prefer it over the more narrow Sprinter conversions. The Promaster and Transit vans seem wider than the Sprinters. Is that the case or is it an optical illusion because of the typical longest wheelbase Sprinter seeing the most use? They just look long and narrow? Wish money were no object and I could afford something like the Evergreen. It would solve at least one of our desired features issues.
Old 06-01-2015, 02:52 PM   #12
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike
Quote:
Originally Posted by booster

It looks closer to an existing Chevrolet chassis conversion but on a Benz cutaway, or so it seems. You raise some good points about the layout. I think I'd prefer it over the more narrow Sprinter conversions. The Promaster and Transit vans seem wider than the Sprinters. Is that the case or is it an optical illusion because of the typical longest wheelbase Sprinter seeing the most use? They just look long and narrow? Wish money were no object and I could afford something like the Evergreen. It would solve at least one of our desired features issues.
The Promaster is wider on the inside than the Sprinter. Wide enough to sleep transversely like I am planning in my conversion. The transit is narrow like the Sprinter.
Old 06-01-2015, 06:51 PM   #13
Platinum Member

Thanks.
Old 06-02-2015, 12:28 AM   #14
Platinum Member

I like the look of the exterior. It reminds me of my Libero. But, all the fancy expensive, and to me useless, TVs... and such cheap looking cabinetry. The one on their website looks better. I'm another one of those un'murican ones that in four years only tuned in my TV channels once when parked for a week.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote