Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-03-2014, 05:16 PM   #21
Platinum Member

Default Re: EverGreen Recreational Vehicles

Here's the problem. Thor calls this 31'-7" behemoth a B+. Where does it end?

2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 12:05 PM   #22
Platinum Member

The Evergreen unit will appeal to Class B buyers. The experience owners will have will be basically what Class B owners have. B forums are where they'll go for online activity. This one really blurs the lines.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EverGreen Imperial.jpg (37.7 KB, 387 views)
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 01:16 PM   #23
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markopolo

The Evergreen unit will appeal to Class B buyers. The experience owners will have will be basically what Class B owners have. B forums are where they'll go for online activity. This one really blurs the lines.
I agree it blurs the lines in appearance as it does not look as clunky and boxy as most of the small Class Cs. Knowing now that they are using a shell created by another company that appears to have been designed for an urban transporter, I am more disappointed and skeptical of the company's creativity. The interior design layout and specs as I mentioned are not all that inspiring to me. In looking at those interior shots I am convinced they are not real and computer generated based on the fact the exterior through the windows views definitely are. The perspective views appear to be such not even a wide angle camera could produce. Then there is the window treatment. Where are the blinds or curtains or whatever to enclose for privacy? The roof is a humpback design and there are no roof required amenities shown such as antennas, air conditioning or exhaust fan. Imagine an awning on that sleek design. Is the exterior photo a deceiving doctored or just incomplete rendition as well?

This all seems to be a speculative presentation to test the market by a company whose history apparently has been in the non-motorized trailer market. When they produce a real model maybe I will change my mind.
Old 12-04-2014, 01:43 PM   #24
Platinum Member

Quote:
I totally agree. Kind of like a Born Free for Two, Rialta, or some of the Chinooks, but a lot swoopier. As the Class Bs get bigger, a lot of overlap is probably in the future. I would think the size/amenity increases of Bs are going to bring in a lot of customers who would not have anything to do with a B from 20 years ago at 19 feet long and utilitarian. Even if they used a body of the same size as one of the new, bigger, vans, the benefits of being able to use a body that can be shaped to fit RV parts and doesn't have no cut rules would be a huge benefit and should give much more utility at less cost.

Personally, using a currently available body that is the right shape like the Imperial wouldn't worry me at all, and is a way to get into the business quickly and economically. They put hundreds of thousands of miles on the people moving versions without issue, so they certainly know how to make a good body at reasonable cost.

As mentioned, the parts are going to be much more similar to B setups than other RVs, so a place like the B Forum is where you would expect folks to show up. We just have to make sure we don't pick on them too much for actually having a class C
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 02:09 PM   #25
Silver Member

Quote:

Absolutely totally agree with that, it will definitely appeal to Class B buyers. Motorhome Magazine talks about a Class B Revolution. The lines do get blurred, the industry has changed in the time we bought ours and our unit no longer exists. Would have bought another Trail-Lite B+, they were affordable, good gas mileage, aerodynamic, never had a problem. This is exactly why my husband and I had been having such a hard time deciding between trading in our B+ for another B+ or B. In our decision making, there may be times when a B is slightly too small and a B+ (or C to avoid fights ) is slightly too large. I like this. I think it's a smart vehicle to make, you'll interest B buyers and B+/small C buyers. Again like said here, have to see the pics, the computer generated pic may be giving it a different appearance, but I think all those windows will absolutely open this vehicle up inside. It should be allowed on B forums also.
cjscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 12:01 AM   #26
Platinum Member

Did I miss something or is this another company that doesn't want anyone to see the restroom ? It's really getting annoying.
stanw909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 12:27 AM   #27
Silver Member

We inquired with them about this unit and they told us that the windows in the back do not open as of now. Say WHAT??? That's crazy. Maybe this will change?? Went from LOVE to forget it!
Old 01-31-2015, 08:53 AM   #28
Platinum Member

Default Re: Class B campervans - summary of current models

Has anyone actually seen an Evergreen Imperial?
SiennaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 01:14 PM   #29
Platinum Member

Here are two photos showing the Imperial by EverGreen Recreational Vehicles outside:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Evergreen Imperial outside.JPG (96.5 KB, 495 views)
File Type: jpg Evergreen Imperial outside 2.JPG (114.6 KB, 495 views)
Old 01-31-2015, 04:26 PM   #30
Platinum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bobojay

These last 2 pictures obviously make the confirmation that this is a class C built off of a cutaway chassis. This makes it a C no question.
As far as using someone else's coach shell, I always thought why not on that one, but this, at least in the pics, just doesn't look "right" to me. Can't put my finger on it. Maybe just out of proportion or something. But in person it might be better.
Like DavyDD says though, there's nothing new here....I for one would be afraid I'd have an orphaned coach in a few years....

Past RV's: 2013 WGO ERA 70A, Chevy PW Lexor
Itasca Navion, 29' Jayco 5th Wheel
bobojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 08:19 PM   #31
Platinum Member

Probably the ugliest van I've seen in a while.

How is this different than a Roadtrek 210 or a Pleasureway Excel? If you take a torch to a van and hack off the body, is it still a B?

Homer Simpson would probably like it though.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 08:25 PM   #32
Platinum Member

It starts out as a cab/chassis not a van I believe. That would be the difference.
Old 01-31-2015, 09:52 PM   #33
Silver Member

So NOW you see why we need to call them what they are, a B+ and why it's here to stay. Admit it! It's a B+ form of a C, hence why they made that term. The one you fight so hard against. For motorhomes like these. Stop fighting the term, you guys can't even decide on what it is bc you can't admit defeat and call it a B+. This is why we need to call it what it is. I'm just teasing you guys.
Old 01-31-2015, 09:54 PM   #34
Platinum Member

I think it would be more accurate to call it a C-
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 10:02 PM   #35
Platinum Member

I like the term B+, better than C- minus

I had a 30' C that was clearly a C and I followed the posts on C forums. I've also had a 21' or 22' B+ but hung around B forums because I used it like I use a B van.

The 30' "B +" units are nothing like B's though - they can be C minus
Old 01-31-2015, 11:08 PM   #36
Platinum Member

When someone says B+, I just think they have a case of B-ness envy.

But seriously, I think the term B+ is used to deceive by the seller and a form of mental compensation to rationalize and believe their RV is just like a van. They even use terms like just a tad longer, wider and higher when they mean a foot to a foot and a half in every dimension. If you were a foot and a half wider than my Sprinter B you would not want to park where I parked Friday night to boondock.

Old 02-01-2015, 10:31 PM   #37
Gold Member

I just noticed that Xplorer Motorhomes uses the same humpback fiberglass shell.

http://www.xplorermotorhome.com/PDF/Mau ... veller.pdf

Is this a standard commuter van shell? Given all the computer generated imagery makes me wonder if Evergreen is pushing vaporware like Eko.
tmshih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 09:16 AM   #38
Platinum Member

A company called Mauck is the manufacturer of these shells. The interiors are done by various van conversion companies, not by Mauck. They take the Mauck shell and turn it into an RV, a luxury limo, an airport shuttle or whatever else they want. Here's the Mauck site:
http://www.mauck2.com

This article has a lot of info about the history of the company.
http://www.busmag.com/pdfs/2010-11_Mauck2.pdf

Here are several photos of the company's previous model, the Mauck MSV ("Mauck Special Vehicle"). This particular one was up for sale. It was built on a GM chassis. The front doors certainly have a strange way of opening!
https://www.mecum.com/lot-detail.cfm?lo ... 214-199536

Here's an interview with Andy Mauck, the designer of these vehicles. Here, he's showing off a Mauck2 that's been outfitted as a golfer's luxury van. I assume that one that's been converted to an RV would have similar outside storage.

[youtube:27odwh6s]RO5kjXnOPoI[/youtube:27odwh6s]
Old 02-02-2015, 10:06 AM   #39
Platinum Member

Here's a Mauck2 shell being built. It's definitely a Class C.

(Photo from the National Bus Trader site, busmag.com)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mauck being built.jpg (142.0 KB, 170 views)