Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-01-2014, 08:35 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default EverGreen Recreational Vehicles

EverGreen Recreational Vehicles
http://www.goevergreenrv.com/page/376/Imperial

I'm not sure if the EverGreen Imperial 245WS & 245TS are wide-body Class B's like the Roadtrek 210 or Pleasure-Way Excel or if they are technically small Class C's like the older Roadtrek 200 built on a cab & chassis platform. They sure look like a Class B though and that the market space they'll be competing in.

EverGreen Imperial 245WS

EverGreen Imperial 245TS

• 4 gallon electirc/LP gas hot water heater
• City water connection
• Gravity water fill
• Exterior 110-volt
• Interior 110-volt
• Exterior LP connection
• USB charging ports al all seating stations
• Air contitioner 13,500 BTU
• Refrigerator (12-volt and 110-volt) 3.3-cubic feet
• Microwave/convection oven (1.2-cubic feet)
• Two burner cook top
• LP gas generator 2.5-kilowatt
• Two deep-cycle, maintenance-free group 27 dry cell batteries
• Converter/inverter - 50 Amp multi-stage charger with 1,000 inverter
• Shore power - 30 Amp/110-volt service

• Residential flooring with 20-year limited warranty
• High-gloss, enameled European style cabinetry
• Cockpit floor mat for water retention
• Rear backup camera system with in dash monitor
• Jensen dash entertainment system Bluetooth and GPS navigation display
• Auxiliary start switch
• Ultra leather upholstery seating - pilot and co-pilot
• Rear dinette work station/sleeper system (245MB)
• Rear entertainment system with 32-inch TV and speakers
• Power entry door step • Energy management system with monitor
• Chrome entry door grab handle
• TV/satellite/HDMI connections
• Fantastic vent fan system for the ultimate air flow

Optional Equipment
Diesel generator 3.2-kilowatt • Blue-Ray player
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EverGreen Imperial.jpg (37.7 KB, 1256 views)
File Type: jpg EverGreen Imperial 245WS.jpg (49.5 KB, 1256 views)
File Type: jpg EverGreen Imperial 245TS.jpg (49.0 KB, 1256 views)
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 09:11 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Default Re: EverGreen Recreational Vehicles

Looks like a small C. No sliding door, no rear doors. Could be wrong of course. Very nice at first look.

There is a dealer just down the road from us about 30 miles, so we should be able to check them out when they get them.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 12:45 AM   #3
Platinum Member

Nice lines to the van but that's about it. A few things missing for us.
AK49er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 02:11 AM   #4
Platinum Member

It appears as if the fiberglass body adds about 8 inches to the overall width of the Sprinter which would make it about 7'-6" wide. I can't see where they took much advantage of that width and the two floor plans are nothing special. The body lines are pretty nice, but that decaling is dated for the small Class C category. It would look great in a two tone color of black and dark grey. The specs seem to be nothing special or innovative. What would be the incentive to buy this RV? I don't see it other than its looks.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 12:35 PM   #5
Platinum Member

A few items stand out.

• USB charging ports at all seating stations
• Cockpit floor mat for water retention
• Auxiliary start switch
• Energy management system with monitor
• TV/satellite/HDMI connections

• Optional Diesel generator

I'd like to see things like multiple USB charging ports standard in all new Class B's. I like the idea of an automotive type front floor mat for the whole cockpit.
Old 12-02-2014, 02:09 PM   #6
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markopolo
I like the idea of an automotive type front floor mat for the whole cockpit.
We had a one piece floormat made for our 07 C190P that covers the entire area from the drop floor to the firewall. You just make a paper template and send it in, and they make it that exact shape. I goes around the seats, not under them. It is automotive carpet mat material, not the rubber water holding type that I think is on the Evergreen. I drive in stocking feet most of the time, so the rubber ones wouldn't be very comfortable for me.
Old 12-02-2014, 02:20 PM   #7
Platinum Member

The USB charging ports at all seats is a nice touch but the two cab seats already have charge access on the dash with two ports and I would never have that third seat. So it is moot for me. That is a feature Midwest Automotive Designs includes with their B. BTW. We are getting USB ports with our beds in our Advanced RV on both sides of the B. That to us is more important than at the seats. The last things we probably would do is charge our iPhones at night after checking email, weather and time on them, or setting the alarm clock.

I'm not sure what a cockpit floor mat for water retention is other than maybe one of those deep-ribbed mats that are pretty much a standard after market item in Minnesota for trapping melting snow. As for whole cockpit, I have never seen such an animal for a Sprinter cab and I doubt that was what was meant. As Booster mentions there are full cockpit carpet mats available.

What is the auxiliary start switch?

The satellite TV is definitely unusual for a standard item. Would that entail a dome on the roof? The exterior photo shows nothing on the roof including air conditioning. Also, no awning. Will final delivery look a bit different than the sleek view presented?

The Onan propane generator was the lowest ground clearance item on my GWVan. I thought the available diesel generators were deeper yet. Can anyone verify that? If so, I don't think I would entertain that option especially if I already had propane on board. Diesel generators might become more popular with the hiked up 4x4 Sprinters.

If there are no back doors like the vans, it is going to limit the capabilities of the outdoor active toy users. It is difficult to determine how the backend space shown on both models is proposed to be used.

As I mentioned, most everything else is decade old "old school" amenities or less like the 4 gal. propane water heater. It kind of reminds me of the Coach House Arriva effort of too little too late in the market of going to campgrounds and plugging in like the Class As. Roadtrek is setting a standard for the mass dealer market with its Etrek model development for energy independence to complement the go anywhere touring that is going to force everyone else to get on the bandwagon. I'm on that bandwagon with Advanced RV but they only have a couple of dozen Bs on the road (or about two weeks of Roadtrek production.)
Old 12-02-2014, 05:08 PM   #8
Platinum Member

I think Auxiliary Start gives the capability to jump start the van if the chassis battery ever goes flat.

This unit looks familiar so I searched until I found the unit I remembered seeing online. It might be a Mauck2 body. http://www.mauck2.com/
If so, a rear door is possible and lots of built in storage.

Refs:
http://www.mauck2.com/
http://www.busmag.com/whats-new-at-mauck2/
http://dev007.forwardfunction.com/Pages ... Day_Coach/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Creative Mobile Interiors _ Mauck2.JPG (83.6 KB, 1037 views)
File Type: jpg Bus Mag Mauck2.jpg (95.1 KB, 1036 views)
File Type: jpg Mauck2 Wide Body.jpg (59.5 KB, 1037 views)
Old 12-02-2014, 05:26 PM   #9
Silver Member

I think you may be right it may be similar. Just saw this EverGreen Imperial in new issue of Motorhome Magazine Jan 2015. It states something about slide out storage trays running the length of the wheelbase. Also tanks F: 30, G: 27.5, B: 27.5. Motorhome is saying it's a B but looks more like a sleeker B+, they state it's 10 inches wider than average Sprinter. We really like it, love all the windows and bigger tank size, and sleeker appearance. The floor plan with the pull out bed, what is the back area, is it a large storage room with a door to the outside?? I really want to see good pics/video of the inside.
cjscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 05:43 PM   #10
Silver Member

Look how open it looks inside with all the windows. Really nice.

http://www.classicpressroom.com/pressro ... rial.html#

http://www.classicpressroom.com/pressro ... atinum.jpg
Old 12-02-2014, 06:59 PM   #11
Platinum Member

I like the idea of the external storage bins. But you can't have it both ways: either you want a smaller rig, or you want more space. The two are mutually exclusive.

The photos are deceiving to me, as they are shot with a very wide angle lens. I would have to see the rig in person to decide if it had a more "open" design. Even for that aspect, same problem: More open = less storage.
Old 12-02-2014, 07:14 PM   #12
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjscott
Nice find on the photos

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3500_b2f_platinum.jpg (343.2 KB, 667 views)
File Type: jpg 3500_cab_platinum.jpg (192.6 KB, 665 views)
File Type: jpg 3500_f2b_platinum.jpg (248.3 KB, 665 views)
File Type: jpg 3500_kitchen_platinum.jpg (275.1 KB, 664 views)
Old 12-02-2014, 07:32 PM   #13
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by obgraham
I like the idea of the external storage bins. But you can't have it both ways: either you want a smaller rig, or you want more space. The two are mutually exclusive.

The photos are deceiving to me, as they are shot with a very wide angle lens. I would have to see the rig in person to decide if it had a more "open" design. Even for that aspect, same problem: More open = less storage.
That is possible that it's deceiving. But it does appear to at least have a lot of windows, I love that and that opens up the feel. I also would really love better pics and to see a video, I hope when someone gets one they'll put it up here. I'm actually fascinated with the designs of RV's, and homes also. There is such a thing as Feng Shui and different types of things that do help smaller spaces appear to have a very better feel and flow, and also just being flat out designed better. I've been in many RV's, we go to shows, etc., etc., and I've seen smaller RV's feel bigger than others, and I've seen large RV's not have a nice feel or flow inside. The 24V Winnebago has huge outdoor storage, larger than a lot of C's I've seen that were larger, so they don't have to be so mutually exclusive per se if designed well.
Old 12-02-2014, 08:35 PM   #14
Platinum Member

A lot of questions are answered if it is the Mauck2 body. Mauck2 say they make a body for conversion I think by others. It is a Class C cab-chassis with steel framing and bonded fiberglass shell. It is 24'-6" long and 7'-6" wide as I had previously guessed. The height is 9'-4" but they are not showing any rooftop stuff which leaves you guessing yet as to how they deal with that additional 13,500 BTU air conditioning. Those sleek design lines could be ruined by the practicalities they aren't showing yet. That odd back storage in both floor plans is answered by the fact there is a lift door in the back. Other than the 4 gal. water heater they don't say much about tank capacities unless I missed it.

Those Evergreen interior images look to be 3D rendered computer images. You can model them to look better than what they really are. Also, a good wide angle camera lens can distort reality a bit as well if they are real images.
Old 12-02-2014, 09:15 PM   #15
Silver Member

It says Fresh 30, Gray 27.5 and Black 27.5 for the EverGreen Imperial on EverGreen's site.
Old 12-02-2014, 09:59 PM   #16
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjscott
It says Fresh 30, Gray 27.5 and Black 27.5 for the EverGreen Imperial on EverGreen's site.
That's a weird ratio of tank sizes. Ideally to time out dumping and water replenishing and tanks emptying and filling at the same time you would need a gray tank larger than a black tank and a gray and black tank capacity combined to be just a tad more than your fresh tank but not nearly double as this one is. Also, the fresh water tank size is on the small side for a Class C.

As I previously mentioned "old school" design assumes you are going to camp at electrical and water hookup campgrounds most of the time.
Old 12-03-2014, 02:36 PM   #17
Silver Member

In Motorhome Magazine Jan issue they are calling it a B not a C, bigger than a B, smaller than a C. I would call this more like a sleeked down "B+". We like they are making a slightly larger B or smaller C/B+. So for someone like us who had been looking around at B's, "B+'s smaller C's" this would be ideal. We were trading in our Trail-Lite 25 ft "B+" and ordering a B Era, still worrying if we're making the right decision with the B tanks being so much smaller. This would have been on our list, we don't get ours yet until Feb, and these tank sizes are certainly better than any B and would work for us. The black tank in this is bigger than the one in our Trail-Lite B+. We're interested in at least seeing it. Also, I have seen stats on new models be off on our quest for a new RV, so maybe more will come out re the sizes, these tank sizes are what is on their site.
Old 12-03-2014, 03:19 PM   #18
Platinum Member

You can call anything anything you want but it is a Class C built on a cab/chassis. A Class B is a van, period. Width, length and height are greater than any van. You can wish it to be a Class B but it isn't.

I'm happy with my coming Advanced RV Class B Sprinter. It has a 40 gallon freshwater tank, a 26 gallon grey tank and an 18 gallon black tank. The ratio is more realistic to actual use and the fresh water filling and gray and black water tank dumping should occur at nearly the same time and I know from experience we will get from 5 to 7 days between that servicing task. I doubt we would ever sit for more than that in one place but our batteries and solar will allows us to. If you sit at a full hookup campground the tank sizes are basically meaningless.
Old 12-03-2014, 04:49 PM   #19
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd
You can call anything anything you want but it is a Class C built on a cab/chassis. A Class B is a van, period. Width, length and height are greater than any van. You can wish it to be a Class B but it isn't.

I'm happy with my coming Advanced RV Class B Sprinter. It has a 40 gallon freshwater tank, a 26 gallon grey tank and an 18 gallon black tank. The ratio is more realistic to actual use and the fresh water filling and gray and black water tank dumping should occur at nearly the same time and I know from experience we will get from 5 to 7 days between that servicing task. I doubt we would ever sit for more than that in one place but our batteries and solar will allows us to. If you sit at a full hookup campground the tank sizes are basically meaningless.
That's great on your Advanced tank sizes, definitely not the norm in B's. Looking forward to seeing your pics when you get. I never called it a B, that's what Motorhome is calling it in their Jan issue. I said this seems to be closer in description to a smaller "B+", which is admittingly a lower in height, no cabover bunk form of a C. BUT different which is important to consumers. I will fight the term B+ to death bc it doesn't matter if it's a "form of a C", it is important to consumers to know the difference between a regular C, and a B+ type of a C, and B, and now the new Imperial which seems to be marketed for the in between group who think a B+/small C may be too large, and a B too small. Maybe if they make enough of them they'll give them a new name as the industry changes over the years.
Old 12-03-2014, 05:08 PM   #20
Platinum Member

I think I personally would prefer a B+ to be a van modification over a certain length or other parameter (pick a number 20-21-22ft, what ever) and call something like the Imperial a C-, or some other C related term. That way you would be sticking to the traditional definitions of van vs cutaway, but also get a better feel for relative size.