Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-26-2007, 07:20 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Extreme RV Makeover

From April 2006

http://www.thervrescue.com/

DAYTONA BEACH — The RV Rescue extreme makeover during The Rally at Daytona International Speedway led to an extreme surprise for the Tarconish family of Pennsylvania Monday afternoon. “It’s just amazing. I don’t think words can begin to describe it,” said Ed Tarconish. “I’ve been a teacher for 25 years and I’ve never been at a loss for words, until now.”

It was hard for the whole Tarconish family, including mother Barb, daughter Emily, and son Jake, to find the words to utter about the dramatic transformation of their 1984 Winnebago motorhome at one of the largest RV rallies in the country.

The first-of-its-kind makeover of an RV that mimics the TV makeover shows, RV Rescue set up a daunting task for itself: completely redo, inside and out, the Tarconishes’ 22-year-old vehicle into a modern RVing machine in 75 hours. It was done live in front of the rally crowd from 1 p.m. Friday until 4:30 p.m. today. In the process, thousands of dollars worth of new RV equipment and aftermarket products were installed along with a personal Penn State touch suited to the Tarconishes’ lifestyle.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote