Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-06-2015, 12:17 AM   #1
Platinum Member

Default fantastic vent(fan)

I keep reading conflicting information on this subject.

fanatastic vent;s website says that you can keep fan open while driving but should have it open to maximim. i have also read that in an old brochure of theirs.

then roadtrek and some other places say you should not.

i don't really want to put a max cover or similiar on because i want to make sure the solar panels don't get shaded.

any advice on this from someone who raises it when driving and does not have a maxair on it ?
gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 12:23 AM   #2
Site Team

Default Re: fantastic vent(fan)

I have left ours open accidentally on several occasions. Never any harm done. I don't do it on purpose, though.
avanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 12:34 AM   #3
Platinum Member

I think the thing about having it all the way open is because there is a lot of looseness in the linkage, so it will bounce a lot if it isn't pushed all open or all shut.

We ran into a guy in a campground that always ran with his partway open, but what he did was take off the screen on the inside, open the vent a ways, put a small towel in it folded up, and then close it tight on the towel. No bounce and not all the way open-smart guy.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 12:45 AM   #4
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster
I think the thing about having it all the way open is because there is a lot of looseness in the linkage, so it will bounce a lot if it isn't pushed all open or all shut.

We ran into a guy in a campground that always ran with his partway open, but what he did was take off the screen on the inside, open the vent a ways, put a small towel in it folded up, and then close it tight on the towel. No bounce and not all the way open-smart guy.

Booster- can the 2000 series fantastic vent Roadtrek uses get the total fantastic vent upgrade?
gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 11:25 AM   #5
Platinum Member

I would have to look up the numbers, but if they are using the same one as they did on our 07 C190P you can upgrade it. We went to the remote control version and it is very nice.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote