Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-04-2015, 08:10 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Fiamma awning

Heard this through the grapevine (sort of).

After a few years of rolling and un-rolling the awning with no problems a guy ran into a little trouble rolling it back up. I hear that they were leaving their campsite in a hurry as it was starting to rain a little. The guy was starting to crank it in and it wouldn't budge, thinking a little gear binding was the problem he cranked (turned) it harder, still no help! I guess the cussing started about that time along with a little more force, still nothing. I guess the cussing and bad mouthing the awning got the DW's attention cause she poked her head out of the van to see what all the yelling and cussing was about. In less than 3 seconds after looking, she asked him how come he didn't remove the center support before rolling up the awning!

In case this problem ever happens to us I would to know how you would remove the bend that would be in the center of the housing so that the ends would re-attach to the clips that hold the awning in place?

I think its best to know as much about things that could happen as you can.
AK49er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 10:03 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Default Re: Fiamma awning

I've learned the hard way - everything should operate easily with no force. If you have to pull, twist or reel with any real effort, then you are doing something wrong. Too many easily breakable parts on an RV to risk it.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote