Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-23-2019, 09:28 PM   #1
Gold Member

Default First Driving Impressions of a 2020 AWD Transit Chassis

Short Video (6 mins) on first Driving Impressions of the 2020 Ford Transit Chassis. This one is a Prototype. AWD with EcoBoost. Pleasantly surprised to see several settings on the AWD and that it will be available on the 350HD with Dualies. Anxious to take one out for a spin myself.

https://youtu.be/knTzjDoDY5Q
angelmroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 09:03 PM   #2

It looks very good. This week i visited two Ford dealerships to ask when the 2020 models would be available. Response from both was, they had no idea. I asked if they could take an order and they both said no and then surprisingly they let me walk off the lot, never asking for contact information And offering to get in touch when they became available. Neither of them even said anything like... I can make you a great deal on a 2019 model. Both of them just let me walk off the lot. I’ve never had that experience before.
Jimbo614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 11:32 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bobojay

Look for the new 2020 Transit to appear early Decemberish. They had to extend the 2019 production because of some engineering issues with 2 new engines and transmission going to a 10spd.
Also didn't help that Amazon ordered 9k Transits in late summer that were to be 2019s. (to be more in 2020)

Another van tidbit of info. FCA is cutting off 2020 orders for it's Promaster
around Thanksgiving 2019 because Amazon ordered so many that it's taking up all their fleet production for the remainder of the 2020 models

Past RV's: 2013 WGO ERA 70A, Chevy PW Lexor
Itasca Navion, 29' Jayco 5th Wheel
bobojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 06:21 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelmroman View Post
Short Video (6 mins) on first Driving Impressions of the 2020 Ford Transit Chassis. This one is a Prototype. AWD with EcoBoost. Pleasantly surprised to see several settings on the AWD and that it will be available on the 350HD with Dualies. Anxious to take one out for a spin myself.

https://youtu.be/knTzjDoDY5Q
Thanks for sharing the video - there's little doubt this 4x4 version is going to make for the best all-weather van conversion chassis on the road.

Did you happen to notice if this had the 10 speed tranny? I heard they will make a version using the F-150 diesel engine and 10 speed.

Thanks Mike
IdleUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 02:46 AM   #5
Platinum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bobojay

All 2020 Transits will have the 10spd. There are 2 new engines. The gas one is a new 3.5 non-turbo, the standard motor, and a new to North America 4cyl turbo diesel from Europe that out powers the previous inline 5cyl and is a more modern design

Past RV's: 2013 WGO ERA 70A, Chevy PW Lexor
Itasca Navion, 29' Jayco 5th Wheel
bobojay is offline   Reply With Quote