Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-16-2014, 09:33 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Flooding at RV dealership

Awful & what a mess for the owner and staff to deal with. Hopefully they have really good insurance and can get new stock in quickly for the start of the season. My guess is that those units are total losses.

Facebook video:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=475536462547028
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 08:33 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Default Re: Flooding at RV dealership

The rigs are totalled, but I hope someone can salvage some of the items like A/C units, hitches, the door, windows, window frames, hitch tongues, wheels, tires, and other stuff that isn't ruined by the dunk in the drink. For someone who is handy, even the water tanks can be reused.

The most expensive part that might be worth repairing would be pulling fridges, cleaning the burners, replacing the control board and seeing if those work. I'm sure people will pay well for a "refurbished" fridge (or even a cooling unit.)
mlts22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 05:25 PM   #3

You may have heard about the tornado that hit Arkansas on April 27. Mayflower RV, on I-40 across from the town of Mayflower, north of Little Rock, was totally destroyed. They said something like 60 new RVs, mostly trailers, were destroyed, along with 15 customer RVs in for service. It's terrible.

I would think a lot of parts could be salvaged, but I don't know how that will be handled.
donrebyct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 08:33 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Location: Sarnialabad, The Newly Elected People's Republic of Canuckistan

Any insurance company would probably write them off, take possession, and then try to recoup some of their losses by either auctioning them off, or, as most have suggested, by scrapping them for parts. The owning dealer (claimant) might be offered some of them to sell (with caveat), or for parts, in exchange for a lower insurance settlement. Depends on the dealer and the adjuster how it comes down.
There are probably scrap dealers who would relish the thought of getting a load of trailers/fivers with some water damage, at 10 cents on the dollar. Maybe there are RV parts (used/refurbished) dealers that would also be interested in them.