Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-07-2018, 11:38 PM   #1

Default Floor space in travato k bath area

Hi all, hoping someone can help, I really cannot tell by the photos n info. Is there enough space and is floor reinforced enough to carry a mid sized cooler? I am so torn by makes/floorplans, and sadly am not in a position to go look for myself. I like the floor plan alot but the refrigerator size just won’t work for me. Thanks!
Micki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 01:55 AM   #2
Bronze Member

FWIW the K fridge is quite deep so many folks utilize flat plastic trays to slide stuff in and this seems to work well.
Britmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 02:12 AM   #3

Thank you so much for the reply. I have dogs who are fed raw and don’t think that fridge will work.
Old 11-08-2018, 07:39 PM   #4
Silver Member

Thumbs up

If you need more fridge space in the Travato 59k or most other class B motorhomes, you can purchase a small DC powered cooler and put it between the front seats when underway. It's a great place to store large drinks and any overflow items from your refrigerator. It's also easier for your front seat passenger to grab a cold drink when traveling. One of these on Amazon might work, check your measurements on the floor space between the seats:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075R1LH8D...v_ov_lig_dp_it

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072PRFQL3...f-4d60b88537a1
GigaGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 02:29 AM   #5

Hey thanks so much for the great idea, will definately look into this! I don’t have a B yet, still researching, but do like the floor plan of the T k.
Old 11-09-2018, 11:13 AM   #6
Silver Member

The Travato K comes with a wood floor mat that sits on the floor in the shower/ bath area. It measures 20 3/8" x 23 1/2". The floor easily supports 200+ lbs. Do you have an exact measurement of the cooler you would like to carry? I could cut a piece of cardboard to that size and check the fit.
fruch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 11:34 PM   #7

Thanks for your offer, I don’t own one yet, just doing my homework .
Old 11-15-2018, 04:37 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micki View Post
Thanks for your offer, I don’t own one yet, just doing my homework .
My dog eats raw also and I had concerns about refrig. size as well. I just bought the K after seeing it in person and realizing how much space there really is. It is over 4 cu ft. which is good for a van. My dog also eats raw (70 lb dog). When traveling I use a mix of fresh raw and a freeze-dried raw that I reconstitute and then refrigerate a days worth at a time. That cuts down on the refrig. space he needs but even with that, there is more room that you would think due to the depth.
Bethie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 04:40 PM   #9

I think that someone already gave you the approximate dimensions of clearance in the bathroom. I store a tub with some gear plus gallon bottles of water/RV antifreeze there while driving. Obviously the floor will support a full size person so weight shouldn't be an issue unless you're carrying >250 pounds of dog food. In addition to that space there is some room near the sliding door entrance you could use while underway. I store things there, in between the cab seats, on the beds and in the bathroom then move it outside or into the cab area when I get to my destination. You will be surprised how much space you can create when you need to. If you don't need twin beds, consider the G model which has a wide open storage area under the bed.
Rico52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 09:42 PM   #10
Silver Member

I moved out of a sprinter era with twice the refrigerator as the Travato. In reality the Travato fridge is plenty large enough for me ( i trended to put too much in the larger fridg. And would actually throw out food at times).
Another thing I like is the compressor fridge is always spot on with temperature. My previous ammonia 3 way would swing temps slightly depending on outside temp.

I’m very happy with the 59k layout. I really like the openness. The era was kinda like living in a submarine - lol.
The larger bathroom was my motivation to change.
It’s funny the old sprinter was 24’ long, the Travato is 21’ long. I’m in a smaller van with larger bath and it just feels roomier all around.
EnduroRdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 06:42 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethie View Post
My dog eats raw also and I had concerns about refrig. size as well. I just bought the K after seeing it in person and realizing how much space there really is. It is over 4 cu ft. which is good for a van. My dog also eats raw (70 lb dog). When traveling I use a mix of fresh raw and a freeze-dried raw that I reconstitute and then refrigerate a days worth at a time. That cuts down on the refrig. space he needs but even with that, there is more room that you would think due to the depth.
Thanks so much for your feedback, and good to know the fridge is bigger than it looks. It will be my full time home, and of course I really won’t know until I can travel to and spend a lot of time looking at the rigs. Thanks again!
Old 11-17-2018, 06:48 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnduroRdr View Post
I moved out of a sprinter era with twice the refrigerator as the Travato. In reality the Travato fridge is plenty large enough for me ( i trended to put too much in the larger fridg. And would actually throw out food at times).
Another thing I like is the compressor fridge is always spot on with temperature. My previous ammonia 3 way would swing temps slightly depending on outside temp.

I’m very happy with the 59k layout. I really like the openness. The era was kinda like living in a submarine - lol.
The larger bathroom was my motivation to change.
It’s funny the old sprinter was 24’ long, the Travato is 21’ long. I’m in a smaller van with larger bath and it just feels roomier all around.
Interesting and thank you for this info. I originally was leaning towards an era! My main “love” of the K floor plan is the rear bath, and can hardly wait to actually spend time checking it out. Thanks again.
Old 11-17-2018, 11:57 AM   #13
Silver Member

I like the fact that I can open the rear doors and clean the bath area while standing outside of the van. It's way easier on the knees and back.
fruch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 12:07 PM   #14
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micki View Post
Interesting and thank you for this info. I originally was leaning towards an era! My main “love” of the K floor plan is the rear bath, and can hardly wait to actually spend time checking it out. Thanks again.
Keep in mind I had the era 70a :
The era 70m has a fantastic bathroom layout for a class B. Dry bath across the entire rear with good size separate shower. That is the model with a slide and a Murphy Bed just behind front seats.
Which is the trade off most people struggle with.
You have to open the slide and fold down bed at night to sleep. If 2 people, the person towards the front of van climbs over the other person to get up and use bathroom at night.

In my case it’s just me so that’s not a big issue.
I’m not a big fan of setting up a slide & bed each night but if I had bought the 70m first, I’d probably still be in that coach since the bath is very nice.
It’s still a very long rig at 24’ plus the 70m mounts the spare tire on rear behind doors adding almost another foot in total length for parking.

I totally agree you need to do your diligence and tour several rigs and think about what’s most important (bath layout, beds, total length, gas/diesel, etc. - ?) because somewhere you will compromise in a class B.
For me the Travato K is a great fit.
EnduroRdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 06:58 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnduroRdr View Post
Keep in mind I had the era 70a :
The era 70m has a fantastic bathroom layout for a class B. Dry bath across the entire rear with good size separate shower. That is the model with a slide and a Murphy Bed just behind front seats.
Which is the trade off most people struggle with.
You have to open the slide and fold down bed at night to sleep. If 2 people, the person towards the front of van climbs over the other person to get up and use bathroom at night.

In my case it’s just me so that’s not a big issue.
I’m not a big fan of setting up a slide & bed each night but if I had bought the 70m first, I’d probably still be in that coach since the bath is very nice.
It’s still a very long rig at 24’ plus the 70m mounts the spare tire on rear behind doors adding almost another foot in total length for parking.

I totally agree you need to do your diligence and tour several rigs and think about what’s most important (bath layout, beds, total length, gas/diesel, etc. - ?) because somewhere you will compromise in a class B.
For me the Travato K is a great fit.
Just by studying online I have come to, mostly, the same conclusions you have .

I originally thought I waned a class c, spent some time in a few models, drove one. Then I came home and have spent a lot of time continuing my researching.

Pretty much decided against a c and then thought that the eraM looked good. I do have reservations of owning something that requires a slide to sleep. As I started reading more about the sprinter/pro master/transit, I realized I don’t think I want a sprinter (though I do love the look ).

I actually want a rear bath on a transit. I really like the CrossFit, at least on screen. Yep, compromises for sure.

It does remain to be seen what I end up with, though if a class b I am gravitating to a travato or crossfit. Thanks for your insight.