Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2015, 03:44 AM   #21
Platinum Member

Default Re: Ford Transit converter

It appears to be the same scam as the Echo so I think it deserves it's own thread to help warn others.
stanw909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 09:13 PM   #22
Platinum Member

Funny thing, Eko Motorhomes was located at the same exact site as this converter...
mlts22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 11:07 PM   #23
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurovanman
THIS IS A FAKE COMPANY!
I looked at both addresses on google street view and they appear to be empty lots. I called the 1-800 number and the recording is very generic with no company names etc.

I reverse image searched the images of the interior of the van, and they are in fact stolen photos from this UK manufacturer. http://www.buerstner.com/uk/motorhomes/ ... revio.html

The images on the service page are stolen from Ford.

Not sure what is going on with this site, maybe it was a college project? Maybe its a scam?
Yes it looked like an European Van. The rest sounded as genuine as a U.S. $3 Dollar bill
Robert Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 05:27 PM   #24
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlts22
Funny thing, Eko Motorhomes was located at the same exact site as this converter...
Interesting, this request for funding shows Eko in Dallas and using the now defunct website www.eko-motorhomes.com
https://www.equitynet.com/c/eko-usa-inc

But now there is a new website, still pushing the same Eko RV, but shows them near Houston now
http://ekorvfun.com/contact/

Eko claims a composting toilet, but their image looks more like a cassette toilet (based on the thru the wall piece)
http://ekorvfun.com/wp-content/uploads/ ... t_img3.png

Of course it's all fake, so I suppose I shouldn't complain
rectalogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 08:12 PM   #25
Platinum Member

I do notice that. I see a push to flush button for a cassette toilet... but their specs say a composting toilet (and when I talked with them late 2013, it was a Nature's Head model.)

Advanced RV has a YouTube video describing all the types of toilets, and why they went with a black water tank system. Very good explaination.

Composting toilets are nice, especially if one is boondocking for weeks to months on end, but require a cabinet full of starter peat moss, and dumping compost is still dumping human waste -- highly illegal.
Old 05-19-2015, 01:00 AM   #26
Platinum Member

Advanced RV is building a composting toilet for a customer right now. It wasn't installed yet when I was there at Advanced Fest so can't tell you much about it. We are easily getting 10 days between dumps and taking on fresh water in our Advanced RV without coming close to absolutely needing to. So I imagine one plans some extreme boon docking conditions or is doing it for some principle. There are just too many convenient places to dump and take on water in the USA that it would be one of the least of my worries in RVing.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 01:43 AM   #27
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd
Advanced RV is building a composting toilet for a customer right now. It wasn't installed yet when I was there at Advanced Fest so can't tell you much about it. We are easily getting 10 days between dumps and taking on fresh water in our Advanced RV without coming close to absolutely needing to. So I imagine one plans some extreme boon docking conditions or is doing it for some principle. There are just too many convenient places to dump and take on water in the USA that it would be one of the least of my worries in RVing.
I think the advantages are -

No black tank, extra space for fresh or gray

No fresh water used to flush.

No paying to dump black tanks.

I know out here on the west coast, dump stations are actually not that easy to come by, and you have to pay.

Also you don't have to deal with anything stinky, like you do when dumping black tanks. Not to mention cleaning and maintaining tanks and maybe macerators.

I spent a week visiting an old girlfriend in a college dorm with composting toilets. They were amazing, they really should be more popular.
eurovanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 06:18 AM   #28
Platinum Member

Where do you dump the compost? In a lot of areas, even though it isn't biologically active, it is still considered human waste.
Old 05-19-2015, 12:15 PM   #29
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlts22
Where do you dump the compost? In a lot of areas, even though it isn't biologically active, it is still considered human waste.
If I understand correctly, the compost is OK to dump in a cat-hole, or put in the trash.

What few mention is the pee tank. That needs more frequent dumping (every few days?). I suppose that ends up in a gas station or rest area toilet.

Unless you are going totally custom, like an ARV, you are not necessarily going to get bigger gray or fresh water tankage if you eliminate the black tank. The major manufacturers are using standard size tanks (for them), so if you eliminate the black, you just delete it.

Of course you could just leave it in place and repurpose the existing black tank for another use.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote