Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-31-2019, 01:57 PM   #21
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by engnrsrule View Post
SteveJ points out the benefit of temp control. I used one and also installed a switch that allows me to have it always on if needed, or to turn it on/off if the thermostatic switch fails. I bought a switch that actually has adjustable trip points. I also added the baffle to direct air up and through the fins. I used a pair of computer fans mounted directly to the upper grille, used the lowest amperage fans I could find. Having the baffle allows for lower load fans. Note that I installed a disconnect plug in the power line to allow removal of the grille when needed for maintenance.

Another smart add is a wireless thermometer for the fridge and freezer so you can know what's going on before you open and find spoiled food.

The whole project cots $36 in parts for the fans/cooling and $20 for the wireless thermometers.
Could you provide a source for the fans? Thanks.
peteco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 03:54 PM   #22
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteco View Post
Could you provide a source for the fans? Thanks.
Everything except the dryer duct piece came feom Amazon. The PDF has the details. The fans do come in a larger size that also fits on the grille, but I chose the smaller one to reduce power draw.
engnrsrule is offline   Reply With Quote