Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-07-2018, 06:06 AM   #1

Default Gas, Seats 4, Twin beds ?

Is there a gas class B that seats 4 and also has twin beds? I LOVE the Travato 59K but with only two seat belts it is not functional as my primary vehicle six months a year.

Nor is a class C functional as my primary vehicle - the three extra feet, wider body, and cut away chassis just send me running back to a class B.

Unfortunately, the Travato 59G corner bed floor plan is way too closed in / claustrophobic. I keep looking for other alternatives but have not yet found one. If you know of some options - please let me know!
Miruca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 11:36 AM   #2
Bronze Member

The Roadtrek Zion (also on the Ram ProMaster chassis) has twin beds in back and seats 5. You can also have it with the rear couch that makes sort of twin beds with a gap and the bottom of the bed. Also, the PleasureWay Lexor built on the same chassis has the sofa in back will do the same. This seats 4 (they have two seatbelts on the rear sofa).
Lightfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 12:25 PM   #3
Platinum Member

The Coachmen Crossfit has twin beds with a total of six seat belts, but I don't think the seatbelts in the back are all that safe. If you applied brakes rapidly, passengers who are seated sideways would be subjected to unacceptable forces, IMO, and may hit their heads on the counter, wardrobe, etc.

When we used the back seatbelt, we strapped a large soft bag stuffed with sleeping bags between the passenger and the counter so it could cushion a sudden stop.
Old 01-07-2018, 12:47 PM   #4
BBQ
Platinum Member

Roadtrek Versatile
Old 01-07-2018, 01:36 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miruca View Post
Is there a gas class B that seats 4 and also has twin beds?
I am searching for the same Class B layout.

I have come to the conclusion that I will have to get one custom made by either Sportsmoblie, Maxvan or a mobility up fitter.

In the Aktiv or Travato 59G...anyone ever secure two child car seats in the dual seat behind the driver?
Oliver2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 03:01 PM   #6
Platinum Member

The Activ 2.0 might work. The bed in the rear is large and one can sleep in either direction. There has been discussion of putting child seats in the front bench seat on Facebook. I will admit that I didn't pay all that much attention as I wouldn't ever need such, but I recall that some adjustments had to be made by the purchaser.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 06:18 PM   #7

Thanks - I was looking at the Zion last night at 2 am It is a possibility - although those long "benches" (as they seem to call them vs beds) are apparently 25" deep - which is pretty narrow. I have found 28" is about pretty good for comfort. It is true what I read about RV choice is a compromise!

The Crossfit was one I didn't know about - helpful to know there are some options.

Re the RV's with back couches and the two side seats - like the Lexor - don't really work as separate twins - unless I am not understanding something about them. I want space for "non couple" two - and where I do not have to make up a bed everyday(not compromising on that one as it would be an irritant everyday for me). Also, the beauty of full twins is that one can be a couch and one a sleeping area - yet if someone comes along they have their own place to sleep too.

It is very helpful to get info from everyone - thanks!
Old 01-07-2018, 06:35 PM   #8
Platinum Member

It would not be difficult to widen the beds.
MsNomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 06:42 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver2017 View Post
I am searching for the same Class B layout.

I have come to the conclusion that I will have to get one custom made by either Sportsmoblie, Maxvan or a mobility up fitter.

In the Aktiv or Travato 59G...anyone ever secure two child car seats in the dual seat behind the driver?
Yep Oliver2017 your visual is just about how I feel - bang, bang! I am flummoxed that Winnebago has not put more seatbelts in the 59K - especially now that I see similar floorplans by other manufacturers that do have those extra seatbelts. I love the openness of that floor plan.

The Winnebago Trend adds an extra seat with seatbelts .. but it also adds three more feet, a wider body, and a cut away chassis (which crash pictures have steered me away from). Plus - it's just too big to use as an "in town" daily driver which I would need to do six months of the year.

Keep me updated if you find a solution that you like!
Old 01-07-2018, 06:49 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsNomer View Post
It would not be difficult to widen the beds.
Ms Nomer - this is true. Bed width 25" and up would not be a deal breaker as it is doable to easily widen this - even with a little bit wider memory foam topper works well to provide just that extra inch or two.
Old 01-08-2018, 01:08 AM   #11
Platinum Member

Safari Condo XL Flex is available in three different floorplans that seat 4. One has a U-shaped dinette (basically twin bed layout) in the rear. The seating for 4 is all up front.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg C8F00933-9CFF-4DF6-AF8D-5C33D6F662D8.jpeg (82.0 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpeg F1F8F16F-F5EE-4ABE-A39B-67A4081FE988.jpeg (87.4 KB, 24 views)
AlexJ is offline   Reply With Quote