Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-17-2009, 12:08 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Going, going.....gone

I made the "deal" yesterday to sell our 05/06 R/T 190 Versatile - will finish-up with the paperwork, money transfer and I'll give the buyers a good demo on "systems operations" today.

We decided that if we couldn't get our asking price we would keep the R/T and use it for a middle-of-the-country vacation this year (Colorado, Yellowstone, Tetons, Zion & Bryce) - now, however, I'll take my Wife on a Fly/Cruise vacation this next winter (fly to Sydney, cruise to Auckland, fly home).

Even tho the Van is sold "as is", our R/T is in perfect condition and we've had everything service regularly - so the (1st RV) buyers should cruise "trouble free".

This was our 1st RV ownership too (tho I've rented twice before) and we've enjoyed traveling with it but having used it so infrequently keeping it is hard to justify. I don't foresee us buying another RV - even tho we've enjoyed having this one.

We took one long trip in '07 - houston-los angeles-hwys 1 & 101 up the pacific coast (my favorite) to the top of the olympic peninsula, back down to portland and along the columbia, big mountains, st helens, crater lake, lake tahoe, reno, vegas and back to houston.

A trip to durango and rode the narrow-gage up to silverton r/t, then out to l.a., san diego and back to houston - another trip to williams, az to ride the grand canyon train and back thru sedona/show low to get home.

Two trips to the austin area for a couple of "stays" at texas state parks (inks lake & pedernales falls sps).

So, it's been a good "ride" and we'll probably miss having the R/T at times but it's time to move on down the road without it..
Whiskyecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 01:12 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Default Re: Going, going.....gone

Congrats on the sale. It'll probably be a happy and a sad day. Happy that it has sold but sad to see it driven away.

You can always rent again if you want an "RV" trip.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 01:26 PM   #3
Platinum Member

I agree with your "happy/sad" comment

yes, rentals will always be available - and, who knows, we just might find that we've gotta have (another) RV

Whiskyecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 12:29 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Location: Sarnialabad, The Newly Elected People's Republic of Canuckistan

Congrats on the sale. Stop by, if you're ever bored.

Happy traaaaaails, to yooooou.......untiiil, we meeeet, agaaaain.

Mike.