Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-09-2018, 08:10 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Good Sam Roadside Assistance Standard plan

Most folks probably already know that the Standard Plan Good Sam Roadside Assistance no longer covers motorized RVs.

Quote:
Standard membership does not provide benefits for Motorized RVs. If you wish to receive benefits for your Motorized RV, please purchase Platinum, Platinum+, or Platinum Complete. Motorized RVs are classified as the following RV types: Class A, Class B, Class C, Van/Truck/SUV Conversion, Bus Conversion.
I think the change happened around the beginning of this year. I only recently found out about it.

You have to get at least Platinum coverage (not Platinum Auto) if you want coverage for motorized RVs.

It's probably worth checking to see if the insurance company that covers your RV provides Emergency Roadside Assistance. If you're in Canada and insure your RV through Aviva Elite then ERS can be purchased.

Some info: https://www.garysteevesinsurance.com...-road-service/ and https://www.avivacanada.com/webfm_send/2824
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 04:47 PM   #2

Default Good Sam Standard Roadside Assistance

Marcopolo
Thanks for the heads-up on this, as a Good Sam and Roadside Assistance member for 33 years I was not made aware of this. I just called them and was told that they would have covered me anyway and gave me a free upgrade to Platinum for the remainder of my current term ending in 02/2021. We have been traveling from coast to coast and back again thinking we were covered.
Rapid Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 10:30 PM   #3
Silver Member

AAA told me essentially the same thing. I'd have to upgrade my membership to premium (I think it's about $100 a year). My Banff came with 2 years of roadside assistance, so I'll wait until that runs out to upgrade AAA.
stevegoldfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 10:33 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevegoldfield View Post
AAA told me essentially the same thing. I'd have to upgrade my membership to premium (I think it's about $100 a year). My Banff came with 2 years of roadside assistance, so I'll wait until that runs out to upgrade AAA.
AAA RV coverage is awful, even if you do upgrade. There was an extensive discussion on this topic a while ago. Best to stick with one of the RV-specific providers, such as Coach Net or Allstate (who is the actual provider for Good Sam).
avanti is online now   Reply With Quote