Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-12-2015, 03:06 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Has anyone bought a Travato 59K?

Are there any out there yet?

I haven't seen any. None at my dealer and no reports from new owners. Even the folks who promised to look at this model at the RV shows and report back the details have been silent on it.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 05:43 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Default Re: Has anyone bought a Travato 59K?

Wincrasher- i asked the dealer who i bought my zion from-he sells both. 59k is due to roll out in may(his words).
gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 10:22 PM   #3
Platinum Member

My local dealer said April. I should add that he supposedly called Winnebago and then reported back to me. He did try to sell me a 59g on sale for $69k. Bless his heart.
stanw909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 03:12 PM   #4
Platinum Member

I suppose those wanting one in April or May already have it on order.

I am facing somewhat of a conundrum. If you followed my trailer thread, you know I now have a 5th wheel trailer to dispose of. There are notoriously hard to sell used. I'll try posting it on Craigslist for a few weeks and see if I have any bites.

I've been thinking I might trade my Travato and the fifth wheel for a new van. I'm still enormously happy with the Travato 59G, but there are a few features/things I'd like to have, but I've yet to find my unicorn. The 59K has it's pluses and minuses, for sure. I also like the Airstream Grand Tour very much, but am unsure if I want to invest that kind of money. The Era just doesn't do it for me. I'm more comfortable around, or less than $100k, so I have no loans.

My van plus the fifth wheel could put me in a new van without any (or little) out-of-pocket expense.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 04:13 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincrasher
I suppose those wanting one in April or May already have it on order.

I am facing somewhat of a conundrum. If you followed my trailer thread, you know I now have a 5th wheel trailer to dispose of. There are notoriously hard to sell used. I'll try posting it on Craigslist for a few weeks and see if I have any bites.

I've been thinking I might trade my Travato and the fifth wheel for a new van. I'm still enormously happy with the Travato 59G, but there are a few features/things I'd like to have, but I've yet to find my unicorn. The 59K has it's pluses and minuses, for sure. I also like the Airstream Grand Tour very much, but am unsure if I want to invest that kind of money. The Era just doesn't do it for me. I'm more comfortable around, or less than $100k, so I have no loans.

My van plus the fifth wheel could put me in a new van without any (or little) out-of-pocket expense.

you could get a dealer to sell on consignment-my neighbor did that-Love the Oliver by the way.
gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 04:55 PM   #6
Platinum Member

If you consign it to a dealer don't give them more than a couple months because since you are paying insurance or any payments , they don't have a lot of incentive to make a quick deal. Find out what price they will ask also. We sold a Class A at a local dealer and did not notice until signing that every motorhome on their lot was $10k over blue book. They sold ours on the very last day it was consigned. They also repeatedly tryed to get us to lower our price so they could make more money. It was actually a little comical but sure glad we opted for a 2 month consignment.
stanw909 is offline   Reply With Quote