Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-21-2018, 10:12 PM   #1
Bronze Member

Default HELP MSRP Negotiations End of Model Year

I Want to buy a new Pleasure Way Lexor.

The 2019 models begin arriving at dealers, according to PW, about six weeks from now. Dealers have been advertising the 2019s for awhile. There are a few things PW is adding to this model for the new year, but nothing I’m concerned with.

I’ve read various places online that I could probably get a deal of about 15% off of the sticker on a new PW.

Do you think I would be able to negotiate a better deal than the 15% on whatever 2018s are still on the lot now? What do you think?
B2Play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 12:50 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Maybe... all you can do is try. Worst case no...
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 11:40 AM   #3
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2Play View Post
I Want to buy a new Pleasure Way Lexor.

The 2019 models begin arriving at dealers, according to PW, about six weeks from now. Dealers have been advertising the 2019s for awhile. There are a few things PW is adding to this model for the new year, but nothing I’m concerned with.

I’ve read various places online that I could probably get a deal of about 15% off of the sticker on a new PW.

Do you think I would be able to negotiate a better deal than the 15% on whatever 2018s are still on the lot now? What do you think?
It has been nearly 18 months since we purchased our Agile. I think Roadtrek and PleasureWay are similar in discounting. I found a few folks that would give me 15% and only 1 that offered 20% off a unit that was on their lot for 3-mos. You need to be flexible IMO to fly and drive if you are looking for the very best deal.

2017 RT Agile SS
ponti33602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 12:01 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Key to negotiation. Make sure they know you are willing to walk out. Another key: make physical printouts of other dealerships ads etc. In the middle of the sales person going to the manager, start looking over them and when the salesperson comes back, they will realize you are looking for they best price no matter where you will go to get it. This has worked Every time I have started doing this. The deal goes into my favor. Leverage is key. Have the physical paper copies. Do not just look over your phone. If they know you went to the trouble to print them out, they know you mean business. It's sad we have to do this but it's a game. Your results may vary. Best wishes!
goreds2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 01:47 PM   #5
Platinum Member

The only way you are going to get more than the usual discount is if you find a unit that has been sitting on the lot awhile, or find a dealer that has multiple units sitting and has new 2019 inventory on it's way.

That said, we are entering peak season (summer), so most dealers are not lacking for customers who "want it now!". In my view, it's not worth the hassle for a few bucks. I'd rather have all the newer features, plus it being a full year newer and no wear and tear from looky loos and RV shows, and lack of maintenance for however long it's been sitting out in the weather.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 05:19 PM   #6

Can’t shoot you. All that could be said is, “No!”
Kdbjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 06:25 PM   #7
Bronze Member

Default 2019 discount

You should be able to get the 2019 discount at 15%. Of course, there is a 4% increase on the 2019s, but well worth it.
Gosman is offline   Reply With Quote