Old 06-14-2018, 10:57 AM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Hey, late '90s Dodge Roadtrek owners... What's draining my engine battery?

Yesterday I went to start my 1996 Dodge Roadtrek 190 popular.
The engine battery was almost completely dead. A few days earlier, I had ran the van fine.

I had left the headlight switched turned all the way to the left (counter clockwise) and that was the only thing different about how I had parked it.

The Roadtrek manual is notoriously confusing with regards to how that headlight switch operates. But, the overhead lights were definitely not left turned on. The manual makes reference to an "ignition light", but I don't know what that is! The clear plastic ring around my ignition key area does not light up under any condition. (Maybe it should?) It even references being careful about leaving the light switch in that position as it could drain the battery... but I didn't see anything on. Whatever it was took about 3 days to bring the voltage of my battery down to a point where it *tried* to turn over the engine, but couldn't quite do it. Charging the battery solved the problem.

Anyway, I could find nothing draining power... and I definitely did not leave the headlights on.

Any thoughts, guys?
By the way, I can NOT find a '96 Dodge RAM Van owner's manual anywhere.

-Pete
VTPete is offline   Reply With Quote