Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-14-2008, 09:00 PM   #1
Silver Member

Default Hilarious Midget Shower Stall..

Hi all,
Does anyone have a shower/"bathtub" like the one in my '86 Horizon?

I know the builders were pressed for space, and give them Brownie points for installing it, but the thing is so small Mini Me would get cramps using it..

No matter.. I am using a solar shower outside my rig with a privacy tent setup. A little inconvienent but it's nice to be able to move around.

Does anyone else use the same arrangement? I'm now looking at modifying my B's stall into a place for extra batteries (removing the current "bathtub") and then adding a wash sink/storage area above that.

Regards,
Chip
Old 03-18-2008, 02:21 PM   #2
Bronze Member

Ours has the mini tub - actually it's more of a sit-down shower. The previous owners removed the shower componentes and made a heavy lid for the tub so they could store things in the tub and on top of the lid. I plan on revamping the shower one day with a separate tankless water heater. I like long hot showers and don't want to go the the CG wash house.

https://www.the-buckeye.org/falcon.jpg
seraphim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 07:42 PM   #3
Silver Member

There just isn't room in there for a 6'3" guy like me to get any kind of satisfying wash other than a pot of water on the stove kinda thing.

I have a "privacy tent" and since I favor remote places to park my rig, I can take my shower outside.

I'm using a solar shower thingie right now, and anywhere in Arizona most of the year leaving the bag on the roof or hood for an hour or so results in agua caliente. (Hot water). I'm thinking of a bigger gizmo for a longer shower -One that I can take and sing all of Queen's Greatest Hits before the water runs out..

Chip
Old 03-20-2008, 07:16 PM   #4
Platinum Member

I have the mini tub also

Is your's a wet bath (toilet in the shower area) or a dry bath?

Maybe we should think of it as a very high sided shower stall - for when we're really parked off level.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 07:57 PM   #5
Silver Member

Mine has the toilet in back right next to the tub.

I can just about get my head and shoulders in there, but it's too cramped to even sit down without either bringing a shoehorn to get out or a cellphone to call the Fire Department for extrication...

Chip
Old 04-05-2008, 03:05 AM   #6
Bronze Member

Default exercise

keep using the mini shower. it will keep you young! you will use muscles you forgot about. you will be sore three or for days, but, later you will notice you can touch your toes without grunting and groaning. think of it like a health club, but, without the dues!

i use zest soap in very small amounts. it is a detergent soap and doesnt leave that slippery film. easier to rinse off.
obiewan kanobe is offline   Reply With Quote