Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-18-2017, 07:14 PM   #21
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by willk View Post
We live in a community with an HOA that is rather strict and prohibits RVs. Our driveway is 28 ft in length and we would like to get a Class B vehicle (Aktiv or Travato 59G) to use as a second vehicle and recreational vehicle. I've seen 2 Sprinter types parked in driveways but not sure how our HOA feels about Class B vehicles. I could ask but after my experience with one person on the board I'm not sure if that would be a good idea. On the other hand I would hate to buy one and be told I can not have it parked in my driveway. Just wondering what other people out there with Class B vehicles who live in HOA communities have experienced? Thanks.
May I enquire as to where you live in CA?
If it is within the City of LA you have a new law governing City streets which allows RV's to park and stay overnight, if you live in a gated community with private streets then you need to comply with the HOA rules, The HOA Board can change it's outlook on what they enforce, the problem being that if they allow you with your nice inconspicuous class B what do they say to the neighbor who turns up with a gigantic older Class A and over extends past their home? It is a difficult one for sure but as someone else suggests take a photo along to the Board and have them look into it, We keep our 22' Sprinter class B on our drive way which is technically against the HOA rules but we are on city streets which allow RV parking so long as you don't live in it from 9.00 p.m. to 6.00 p.m.
So if we received a letter telling us we were breaking the rules we would just move it to the street which in my opinion would be worse.
Old 10-18-2017, 07:44 PM   #22

The HOA is in Reno, NV. We will be moving there as our primary residence in about 6 months. I've decided it would be best not to submit a photo to the HOA. If they bother me then I will just have to use a storage facility. After going to RV shows I really have gotten to like the Paseo. I might just remove the awning, air conditioner and Winnebago emblems (and maybe replace them with Ford Transit emblems). Between the Transit, Promaster and Sprinter what visually looks less RV like?
willk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 08:05 PM   #23
Platinum Member

I think PM is more generally perceived to be commercial. Of course, your HOA may not like that either.
MsNomer is offline   Reply With Quote