Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

View Poll Results: How/Where Did You Purchase Your Class B?
Other Website 6 20.00%
Ebay 1 3.33%
CraigsList 4 13.33%
Dealership 12 40.00%
Newspaper or any other paper such as Auto Trader etc. 4 13.33%
OTHER 3 10.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-17-2010, 03:59 AM   #1
Platinum Member

Default How/Where Did You Purchase Your Class B?

I bought my first RV (Class C), sold it and bought my current one via Craigslist.
goreds2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 01:40 AM   #2
g1g
Platinum Member

Default Re: How/Where Did You Purchase Your Class B?

Found it on an internet website offering Rvs, Spoke to them and decided it was worth a look. It was so I bought it.
g1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:29 PM   #3
Silver Member

Purchased it from an individual owner. It was advertised on the Roadtrek International site.
Old 12-22-2010, 01:10 AM   #4
Gold Member

Bought our Sportsmobile from the Huntington plant in Indiana....had it built to our specifications.
Old 12-23-2010, 12:00 AM   #5
Platinum Member

Location: Sarnialabad, The Newly Elected People's Republic of Canuckistan

RV Trader online. We're the third owners. Just under 60,000 kms on it when we bought it.
It now has significantly more.
Old 12-24-2010, 12:32 PM   #6

My Four Winds Ventura 2010 was purchased new from a local RV Dealer here in Southern California. It has taken 4 months to fix the small bugs.
mrpictureman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 01:19 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Purchased it thru RV Direct on-line. If someone would have told me I would make a new RV purchase this way, I would have laughed like crazy....smartest thing we ever did. Safe travels.
Old 03-19-2011, 10:35 PM   #8
Platinum Member

If you are buying new most all RV converters work through their dealer networks. I purchased my Great West Van Legend Mercedes Benz Sprinter through Lake Region RV's in Ramsey (Minneapolis/St. Paul), Minnesota. However, I tracked Lake Region's orders after I honed in on a B I wanted. I found out they were preparing a fully loaded silver color one with the Tri-sofa layout for the 2011 Minneapolis RV Show. That was exactly what I wanted. So, while it was still under conversion in St. Andrews (Winnipeg), Manitoba we drove up to the factory (480 miles). We looked it over, called the dealer and in two phone calls and about 10 minutes of discussion we struck a deal which included our trading in our 2005 Pleasure-Way Plateau. I then had a couple of minor changes made to the van while it was still in the factory. One was to add a second house battery and the other was to install an electrical outlet so I could plug in a computer and work at a front table and driver's seat swiveled around.

Our factory trip set us back about $500 for gas, food, and lodging. We wrote that off as part of the expense and a vacation to see Winnipeg for the first time and even get in some snowshoeing activity as well as explore northern Minnesota in the winter - a mini 3 day vacation.

Had I ordered a van there could have been a 4-6 month wait unless I could have grabbed another off the line sooner but Lake Region RV's did not have one set to be delivered other than the one we bought. The last Legend Lake Region ordered was grabbed similarly before it reached Minnesota. So, I had to go to the factory if I was ever going to see one to decide. Great West Van is a very small converter. Consequently they also have a small dealer network. Their three primary dealers are in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Florida. So, if one wanted a GWV you would have to buy on faith or plan to travel a long distance to a dealer if you don't live in one of the lucky areas. Or even go to the factory like I did.

Lake Region RV's I found out sells a lot of Class Bs to people all over the country. My experience dealing with them was outstanding. They were very fair and honest in their pricing. I hope they did as well as I thought we did. I understand they have already sold our Pleasure-Way Plateau to a single person. If I was the only person using the Plateau I might have never given it up. We were looking for making improvements based on 5 years of accumulated desires for two people's use and still stay B, and not succumb to going larger as many do faced with similar decisions.

We all have different stories and desires. I hope relating this experience helps some one. And, of course, I hope we made the right decisions. It wasn't cheap, but we were looking at, at least, another 5 years down the road.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 12:48 PM   #9
Platinum Member

We purchased our 2006 RoadTrek RS Adventurous from Van City RV in St. Louis. They are a large B dealer and sell Pleasure Way, RoadTrek, and Leisure Travel. They have a sales person named John. He is a former Pleasure Way factory rep and very knowledgeable about most things B related. He is not on commission. We had not owned an RV before. We had recently sold our business and wanted a machine that would allow us to run around the US over the next several years in an affordable fashion. We just completed a 21 day 4,200 mile ramble around the southwest and have been VERY pleased with our selection, based on our needs and tastes.

We knew that for the most part every thing in life is a trade off. When you are looking at RV's as compact as B's, that becomes very true. John, helped us sort out the pros and cons associated with each of the alternatives. He did this in a factual and very honest way.

If you have been around B's a long time this type of service may not be valuable to you. It was to us.

We did not get the deal of a lifetime from a pricing perspective. We got what appears to be a fair price. What we paid over purchasing from an owner directly we gained from the help in choosing the correct unit.

If you are in the midwest and are relatively new to B'ing, then you should consider a trip to St. Louis to meet with John.