Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-22-2011, 03:51 PM   #1

Default Howdy from Central Florida!

Howdy from Central Florida!
Great website and forum! I’ve been looking it over for several weeks now as I researched for selection of our future “B”.
I’m Don. Cindy, my Bride of 40 years, and I had enjoyed camping for many years.
Other than a couple of trailers, the only RV we had was a new ’79 20’ Sun Line Micro Mini-motor home on a Datsun chassis. A decent camper on a poor selection of chassis that was extremely underpowered and over loaded. But what the heck? We were young and dumb but we had lots of great outings and put on many miles between the axel bearing changes and cylinder heads.
We moved on to luxury conversion vans. I still primitive tent camp, but Cindy just ain’t into “camping” anymore so we need a van sized unit that will serve many purposes. She really likes the looks of the new Class Bs and can’t wait to travel in one.
I will retire from my second career at this time next year after 43 years of flying helicopters. Cindy is a medically retired RN. We plan to travel the US and Canada with Emma and Chili, our Standard Poodle “hairy Kids”. We intend to stay in motels every third night or so as we make our way to AK and back.
We’ll be seriously shopping this winter and we have decided that a pre-loved Class B will meet all of our requirements. Looks like an RT or PW on Chevy chassis. I’m concerned about power since we will spend a lot of time in the Rockies and will occasionally pull a 3K Lbs boat around the SE US. It looks like most of the PW Lexors come with the 6L engine but not the RT 190 P/Vs. I’m curious about the power availability of the RTs without the 6L option.
I’ve found this forum to be very informative and when I see a great idea I make a note of it to refer to later. Since we’re not presently B “owners”, I will be lurking with great interest.

“I never learned anything while I was talking

2008 PW Lexor RL-4
Rumbleshorts is offline   Reply With Quote