Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-14-2016, 11:54 AM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Hymer Aktiv?

From the Roadtrekking FB group:
Have you heard? Jim Hammill will be showing off the brand new Hymer Aktiv this week at the La Mesa RV SuperShow in Phoenix. Its the new Class B you have been asking about at the event you have been waiting for.
Watch the commerical _That doesn't reveal much https://youtu.be/HKRH0ro213Q
GeorgeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 07:29 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Hopefully there will be a press release with photos if this is the first Hymer model offered. Give it a good launch.

I'm wondering if the plan is to let the two brands under the EHGNA umbrella, Hymer and Roadtrek, compete.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 07:37 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markopolo View Post
Hopefully there will be a press release with photos if this is the first Hymer model offered. Give it a good launch.

I'm wondering if the plan is to let the two brands under the EHGNA umbrella, Hymer and Roadtrek, compete.
Yes, very curious to see how they will announce it. Hope they have good marketing people because the task is not easy. Their Facebook page [Hymer USA] https://www.facebook.com/HymerUSA/?fref=ts doesn't seem very Aktiv!

Old 03-14-2016, 08:47 PM   #4
Platinum Member

They tend to have a paucity of info, from the website which wasn't updated for ages.

Time well tell. I'm going to give them two years to warm up to the US market before I have any real relevant comments about them.
mlts22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 08:50 PM   #5
Platinum Member

I like the bike storage in this Hymer: Desert Autoplex RV | Pre-owned Dealer | Phoenix and Tempe, Arizona

Photos show optional twin beds.
Old 03-14-2016, 08:58 PM   #6
Platinum Member

Quote:
I like the bike storage in this Hymer: Desert Autoplex RV | Pre-owned Dealer | Phoenix and Tempe, Arizona

Wow, what a great RV. Looks like you could easily apply it to a Transit chassis too if you were so inclined.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 09:41 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Quote:

Photos show a number of different options/models - The ML-T has models ranging from 6.36m to 7.79m.

Coming soon?? This ad is a very confusing since Hymer or RT has not mentioned any Class Cs yet and new Hymer factory in Ontario is not even built yet.
Old 03-14-2016, 09:44 PM   #8
Platinum Member

That Hymer MLT at Desert Autoplex RV says it's Coming Soon as a 2016 model. In Europe the MLT is available with the Sprinter 4x4 option for extra ground clearance and traction. Pretty impressive for a 23ft long camper!
rockymtnb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 09:47 PM   #9
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobB View Post
Photos show a number of different options/models - The ML-T has models ranging from 6.36m to 7.79m.

Coming soon?? This ad is a very confusing since Hymer or RT has not mentioned any Class Cs yet and new Hymer factory in Ontario is not even built yet.

This is it? The Aktiv?
Already a Class C in the works for the NA Hymer Group ?

Old 03-14-2016, 09:51 PM   #10
Platinum Member

Quote:

Nice find!
Old 03-14-2016, 10:22 PM   #11
Platinum Member

I don't think that is it, I just happened to see that on Google ............. I have no idea what the Hymer Aktiv is.

Could be the Hymer eBike for all I know!

hymer ebike.jpg
Old 03-14-2016, 10:51 PM   #12
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeB View Post
This is it? The Aktiv?
Already a Class C in the works for the NA Hymer Group ?

I'd be willing to bet Hymer does not release the model posted above.
Jostalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 11:07 PM   #13
Platinum Member

On a Hymer Aktiv search Google asked: Did you mean hyperaktiv?

did_you_mean_hyperaktiv.JPG
Old 03-14-2016, 11:12 PM   #14
Platinum Member

Maybe Desert Autoplex is one of the new Hymer dealers?
Maybe someone there just grabbed some images off the web to promote new Hymer RVs arriving at Autoplex.
Maybe someone did not know Hymer is first bringing out a Class B in 2016, not a Class C.
Maybe someone does not know that Hymer needs to build a new factory.
Maybe someone did not get the memo.

That's my guess for now, until something shows up on the Hymer US or RT site.
Old 03-15-2016, 12:17 AM   #15
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobB View Post
Maybe Desert Autoplex is one of the new Hymer dealers?
Maybe someone there just grabbed some images off the web to promote new Hymer RVs arriving at Autoplex.
Maybe someone did not know Hymer is first bringing out a Class B in 2016, not a Class C.
Maybe someone does not know that Hymer needs to build a new factory.
Maybe someone did not get the memo.

That's my guess for now, until something shows up on the Hymer US or RT site.
Yes, we will see. I find it rather bizarre that Desert Autoplex would post such a statement without having any clue about what's coming. I'm sure the Hymer MLT won't be available soon. I might be wrong but it's a clear indication that Hymer will eventually bring those interesting class Cs for shaking up the NA RV market
Desert Autoplex RV is proud to present the luxurious Hymer Motorhome line. We have ordered many different models and colorways and they are on their way to the Desert Autoplex complex right now! With the combination of elegance and efficiency, these German made motorhomes are sure to impress! Be sure to contact a Desert Autoplex Sales Associate to reserve your spot today, because these RV's will go quickly!

And one thing is very clear, Hymer's marketing machine is far from working at a functional level. Is it RT way of dealing with those issues or simply Hymer who hasn't sent its best managers yet?

Like La Mesa, the Grand Canyon is in AZ, so maybe it is also tightly planned and Desert Autoplex wasn't briefed right to announce a C so early.

The Aktiv is a B after all "...Its the new Class B you have been asking about [the Grand Canyon ?] at the event you have been waiting for.."
Old 03-15-2016, 12:32 AM   #16
Platinum Member

Here is a question for you all. If the chicken tax ends would it be possible for Hymer to build vehicles in their European plants on Sprinters and export them for sale in North America. The vehicles could have any changes needed to meet US and Canadian standards and be built on Sprinter chassis that are destined for the US or Canada but drop shipped to Hymer for conversion to RVs before export.
gregmchugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 01:01 PM   #17
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregmchugh View Post
Here is a question for you all. If the chicken tax ends would it be possible for Hymer to build vehicles in their European plants on Sprinters and export them for sale in North America. The vehicles could have any changes needed to meet US and Canadian standards and be built on Sprinter chassis that are destined for the US or Canada but drop shipped to Hymer for conversion to RVs before export.
Good point. I wonder if Hymer has plants in Australia and New Zealand or if they ship all their RVs already built. Vehicles are much more expensive in these countries so its feasible to ship them. The NA market is very different. I assume labor force is cheaper in Canada than in Germany but you have to invest in a new plant. I doubt it could be worth for low volumes of vans. To implement totally different systems (110v for ex.) in a manufacturing process is not easy. Concerning the chassis, Sprinters are build in Germany, so its easier to have vehicles with NA specs sent to the Hymer plants but the ProMaster is a different story.
Old 03-15-2016, 01:15 PM   #18
Platinum Member

Quote:
Good point. I wonder if Hymer has plants in Australia and New Zealand or if they ship all their RVs already built. Vehicles are much more expensive in these countries so its feasible to ship them. The NA market is very different. I assume labor force is cheaper in Canada than in Germany but you have to invest in a new plant. I doubt it could be worth for low volumes of vans. To implement totally different systems (110v for ex.) in a manufacturing process is not easy. Concerning the chassis, Sprinters are build in Germany, so its easier to have vehicles with NA specs sent to the Hymer plants but the ProMaster is a different story.
Yes, with the North American Promasters being built in Mexico it would likely mean they would go to the Hymer Group manufacturing plants in Ontario for conversion rather than be shipped elsewhere.
gregmchugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 03:01 PM   #19
Platinum Member

I'd love it if Hymer did release the model pictured... but from what I see, their main platform of choice is the Ducato/ProMaster.
mlts22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 03:25 PM   #20
Platinum Member

Quote:
..... Concerning the chassis, Sprinters are build in Germany, so its easier to have vehicles with NA specs sent to the Hymer plants but the ProMaster is a different story.
In a few years the NA spec'ed Sprinters will be built in South Carolina.

- - Mike