Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-30-2019, 04:10 AM   #41
jon
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhectorg View Post
I've read that the Sprinter emissions system can be finicky, but they're pretty reliable otherwise. My primary reason for considering the Sprinter is for the factory 4WD. The Transit can be fitted with the powerful Ecoboost and aftermarket 4WD is available, but some owners have complaints about the Transit too. I'm definitely leaning toward a custom Sprinter build and I'm wondering what issues did you have with your Sprinter? Was it new or used when you purchased it? Were the problems covered under warranty?
I bought a new 2015 Sprinter 2500 low roof 4x4 passenger van and really enjoyed it for the first year. The second year is when the problems started. After I being stuck behind a line of trucks on a long detour because wild fires had the freeway closed a passing lane opened and my Sprinter would not accelerate. When I hit a down hill it seemed to work a little better, but it started stuttering or lurching going over hills on the freeway, but no check engine lights came on so the dealer didn’t know what to fix. It was getting worst and more frequent and I was really not liking my new $55K van. After a year of ruined vacations and after I had to go over the last mountain pass on the shoulder the check engine light finally came on and I drove all night to drop it at the dealer. They finally fixed it but really hated it by then. I’m not even mentioning the CA trip 1000 miles from home and “10 starts till limp” message.

Funny thing is the last time I had problems with a new car was a 1999 VW Golf TDI Diesel. I should have learned my lesson but….
jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 01:48 AM   #42
jon
Platinum Member

I updated my front bed to make easier to set the bed up without having to swivel the seats back to the forward position. Next weekend my first real road trip in the new van starts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg front-old layout.jpg (204.0 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg revised fwd bed.jpg (191.4 KB, 9 views)
jon is offline   Reply With Quote