Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-30-2019, 02:23 PM   #21
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdleUp View Post
Sorry I did not grasp the 68b noise when I seen it. The best way for me to answer the question is; hundreds of thousands of owners like myself, have been using generators for around a half century, and its never been a problem until now when the RV industry decides to sell lithium batteries!
Yeah, and during that same half-century those same hundreds of thousands of owners were using FLA batteries. Your argument is vacuous.
Quote:
Regretfully, this generator-less thinking is the result of RV manufacture brain-washing new owners in thinking they don’t need a generator with lithium, so they can delete it and pocket the Onan funds from an already over-priced lithium upgrade.
That argument is ridiculous. The RV industry is the most conservative enterprise on earth. They are more than glad to keep selling us the same old Onans until the cows come home. They are offering second-engine alternators because their customers are demanding them, and rightly so.

I take it you have been having trouble selling YouTube ads to Onan/Cummings.
avanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 02:31 PM   #22
Bud
Platinum Member

Seems there are 2 LOUD ONAN applications, pretty simple: 1) Charging Any Kind of battery and 2) Air Conditioning.

Charging: The LOUD ONAN can easily be avoided.

Air Conditioning: The LOUD ONAN can easily? $'s, be avoided using a battery. Now the battery needs charging, please see 1 above.

So who is going to install 2 Pure 3 alternators? Wow, that might be nice with one of them Ford ECO things.
Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 02:54 PM   #23
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by avanti View Post
I take it you have been having trouble selling YouTube ads to Onan/Cummings.

This has been brought up before and completely denied, but IMO, it becomes more obvious with each posting.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 04:26 PM   #24
Platinum Member

Thanks for the all the replies guys!

Regretfully, anyone thinking of using a 2nd alternator high-idle engine charging system which damages the diesel engine and DPF is in a mind-set of the past.
To give you an idea of just how ancient parked idle charging is; Mercedes now no longer allows any Auto-Start systems on their engines, limits the stock alternator to 40 amps and disables any high idling of the engine if the processor is about to call on a regen. Regretfully, this means 90% of the all current lithium RV’s such as are near obsolete.

A tech at ADF Sprinter advised me that of the 326 2nd alternators they installed in one year, they had to replace 300 units. In addition, they no longer install 2nd alternators on RVs. Take my expert advice on 2nd alternators - you can't run any alternator wide open sitting still, the heat deteriorates the winding's and bearing, they will not survive!

The beauty my state of the art lithium system shown in my film, is it totally eliminates the need for any parked engine charging or in fact, even generator use thanks my design of using propane appliances.

My current system offers 2-3 times more “Off the Grid” time of current factory upgrade RV’s. My generator now plays the same role as a home generator for emergency use. I have not had to use my generator yet, but if I do need it she’s just a push of a button!

It’s a different lithium world out there guys!

Enjoy - Mike
IdleUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 04:27 PM   #25
Platinum Member

[
Quote:
Thanks for the kind words on the video - Basically a propane / AGM or a propane / lithium package, results in the same product, but it comes at a cost. However, when you consider the average coach is around $150- $200,000, the $15K price tag is minimal when you consider the major advantages of lithium………………………………Thanks Mike
I see, only 10% extra. Unfortunately, this type of financial delta justification salesmanship doesn’t work for me. I tend to justify my financial expenses on functionalities, how much am I willing to pay for a clearly defined gain.

Having this simple equation built into my head: Cost of a good B </= New van + Oliver trailer is difficult for me to see $15-20K Li for a bragging conversation.
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 06:19 PM   #26
Platinum Member

There is no use arguing with Idleup because he won't listen, read, or understand, it appears.

He has longer offgrid than somone without a generator, because he has a generator, so there is no limit. A 1992 van with a generator and one wet cell could go just as long or longer, so totally silly. Idleup will have to for propane before a 1992 generator running off the tank of gas needs to go anywhere.

Not everyone advocates idling a diesel, many of us use the big alternator for shorter charge times when driving even short distances. Davydd has an alternator that will do 300 amps continuously without overheating in his ARV. The Volta 48v alternator is also said to not over heat, but nobody here has tested that yet that I know of.

If it quacks like an "ambassador" and promotes stuff by name, well....The videos link to his site that he sells advertising on, it appears, so likely they are probably to increase hits on the site to justify advertising rates. Probably why the show up all over every place and are always termed as "applying to all RVs".
Old 10-30-2019, 06:42 PM   #27
Platinum Member

Yep, quacks like an ambassador.

Wonder why he won’t give the cost. All he has to do is total up the cost of components and add a little for wiring.

800 amp hours of lithium and no way to use it other than A/C which you have a generator for. Each to his own. We all use our systems in different ways.

I do agree the lithium batteries have done away with the need for large solar arrays. Fifteen minutes of chargIng time whether from alternator or generator equals a days solar.

I still want an inverter generator that fits in the Onan case.
hbn7hj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 06:43 PM   #28
Platinum Member

Just waiting for a new B, not cheap - $500K, but, 5 seasons (4 + arctic), 500 gal of compressed fresh water down to 50 gal, plasma toilet, 50kWh of Li/Kryptonite batteries sufficient to heat the van and decompressed water for a few months in arctic conditions, evaporate 200 toilet servings, sauna, turbo coffeejuicer, transparent roof with sky laser projection TV, and many other absolute necessities.
Old 10-30-2019, 06:57 PM   #29
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeRa View Post
I watch your video, very nicely done. My question is about justification of the combo: LPG and Lithium versus LPG with AGM for RV with all propane appliances none requiring 10kW (do you actually have cables supporting that power?) of power, generator, and sizable solar.

I agree that LPG is good source of energy for any RV but can easily be supported by $0.75-1.5K AGM versus $15-20K for Li.

So, what is the specific gain?

Avanti's question relates to noise from the generator.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbn7hj View Post
Yep, quacks like an ambassador.

Wonder why he won’t give the cost. All he has to do is total up the cost of components and add a little for wiring.

800 amp hours of lithium and no way to use it other than A/C which you have a generator for. Each to his own. We all use our systems in different ways.

I do agree the lithium batteries have done away with the need for large solar arrays. Fifteen minutes of chargIng time whether from alternator or generator equals a days solar.

I still want an inverter generator that fits in the Onan case.
Regarding your question on cost, If you were to install a system like mine it would cost around $15K. Regretfully, you would not be able to purchase my equipment since its OEM and only available to licensed jobbers and manufactures, however there are plenty of other options available from other vendors.

Mike
Old 10-30-2019, 06:57 PM   #30
Site Team

Quote:
Regretfully, anyone thinking of using a 2nd alternator high-idle engine charging system which damages the diesel engine and DPF is in a mind-set of the past.
To give you an idea of just how ancient parked idle charging is; Mercedes now no longer allows any Auto-Start systems on their engines, limits the stock alternator to 40 amps and disables any high idling of the engine if the processor is about to call on a regen. Regretfully, this means 90% of the all current lithium RV’s such as are near obsolete.

A tech at ADF Sprinter advised me that of the 326 2nd alternators they installed in one year, they had to replace 300 units. In addition, they no longer install 2nd alternators on RVs. Take my expert advice on 2nd alternators - you can't run any alternator wide open sitting still, the heat deteriorates the winding's and bearing, they will not survive!
You keep repeating this incorrect and misleading hearsay over and over again. There is not a single word in any published Mercedes literature that prohibits diesel idling. I challenge you to provide a verifiable counter-example. Tall tales from unnamed "techs" or your "expert advice" don't count. Being able and willing to simply make stuff up and then report in a voice of great authority doesn't cut it.

The "40 amp" takeoff stuff has always been there throughout the lifetime of the NCV3. It has nothing to do with the alternator or idling, it is a result of the engineering of the entire vehicle charging system. And in any event, it is obviously totally irrelevant to 2nd alternators.
avanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 07:05 PM   #31
Platinum Member

Quote:
t’s clear to see its business as usual here from a handful of my admirers who follow me around like a puppy dog, and now you even remove my posts.

Regretfully, while I’m out there pioneering and advancing RV systems and building military drones to protect our country, their only contribution to RV’s is typing goofy troll reply’s.
Your problem could be that there are no puppy dogs here to fulfill you need for admiration.
Old 10-30-2019, 07:15 PM   #32
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by avanti View Post
You keep repeating this incorrect and misleading hearsay over and over again. There is not a single word in any published Mercedes literature that prohibits diesel idling. I challenge you to provide a verifiable counter-example. Tall tales from unnamed "techs" or your "expert advice" don't count. Being able and willing to simply make stuff up and then report in a voice of great authority doesn't cut it.

The "40 amp" takeoff stuff has always been there throughout the lifetime of the NCV3. It has nothing to do with the alternator or idling, it is a result of the engineering of the entire vehicle charging system. And in any event, it is obviously totally irrelevant to 2nd alternators.
Ok Avinti,

Now I get it - your now your going to dictate what I say on the forum so it falls in line to your thinking are you really serious.

Avinti - Quit guessing, unlike you, I have a direct phone number to Mercedes. Whatever I say you bet money on since its 1000 % accurate.

Unlike you I'm not sitting on a keyboard all day wearing out numbers on the keys, I'm in direct communication to all the master vendors who make this stuff. Trust me my comments are 100% accurate in every respect.
Old 10-30-2019, 07:23 PM   #33
Platinum Member

Since Avanti is now deleting all my reply's to censor my speech, which is a direct violation to any open forum, possible his best option is to just delete my post and ban me from the forum because no matter how you slice it, I'm competition to the higher up’s on this forum and stepping on your toes, which is why I’m being attacked.

The video as you all know is 100% factual, you guys should be rejoicing to have such an informative piece on this boring forum.

No matter what you do on this forum - you’re not going to hide my video or articles because I’m on over 32 different sites. If I disappear from here. it will mean nothing.

Rather than be men and discuss your concerns, you instead allow troll reply's such as the goofy trunk space 3 times, to derail an informative thread. Do me a favor re-read all those stupid reply's on my thread.
Old 10-30-2019, 08:34 PM   #34
Platinum Member

I think you could regain some of the storage space you lost by putting up a guard or shield. It could be plexiglass if you still need to show it to folks. Put lots of holes for ventilation and some quick release latches.

Some folks would be very nervous putting anything in that space with all that electrical equipment right there. A guard or shield might help alleviate those concerns.

Obviously, a secondary benefit would be to protect the equipment and switches etc. from being hit by items in that compartment that might shift from normal driving or sudden vehicular maneuvers or even an accident.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 09:01 PM   #35
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markopolo View Post
I think you regain some of the storage space you lost by putting up a guard or shield. It could be plexiglass if you still need to show it to folks. Put lots of holes for ventilation and some quick release latches.

Some folks would be very nervous putting anything in that space with all that electrical equipment right there. A guard or shield might help alleviate those concerns.

Obviously, a secondary benefit would be to protect the equipment and switches etc. from being hit by items in that compartment that might shift from normal driving or sudden vehicular maneuvers or even an accident.
I agree 100% that all devices should have a protective covering. For my own use I can live without it, but most likely the coach will be sold in a few years. Funny you should mentioned it, I was just on Ebay yesterday looking for some 5" stand-offs to mount the some plexiglass I picked up at Home Depot.

The real beauty of the LTV Wonder is the massive trunk and Joey bed. This thing has more storage than some A's I owned. I keep two electric bikes in the trunk everywhere I travel and I still have tons of room for my drones, chairs, cones, and all the other garbage I've collected.

Mike
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bike Trunk copy.jpg (675.1 KB, 17 views)
Old 10-30-2019, 10:02 PM   #36
Platinum Member

I think Idleup has now shown his true colors, and thin skin.

Products only available to a chosen few, maybe like ambassadors?

Time to let him go try to see his videos and "recommenadations" someplace else. All his posts and videos probably should be dumped.

Anyone who claims his ideas are 100% right just proved themselves wrong, as it isn't really possible.
Old 10-30-2019, 10:53 PM   #37
Platinum Member

Quote:
Regarding your question on cost, If you were to install a system like mine it would cost around $15K. Regretfully, you would not be able to purchase my equipment since its OEM and only available to licensed jobbers and manufactures, however there are plenty of other options available from other vendors.
Why tell us about it if we can’t buy it? I think I can put an 800AH system together for half that cost. I have 200AH for $2500. Where is all the money going?
Old 10-30-2019, 10:58 PM   #38
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post
I think Idleup has now shown his true colors, and thin skin.

Products only available to a chosen few, maybe like ambassadors?

Time to let him go try to see his videos and "recommenadations" someplace else. All his posts and videos probably should be dumped.

Anyone who claims his ideas are 100% right just proved themselves wrong, as it isn't really possible.

There you go again Booster with yet another Goofy reply! Hopefully Avinti will send you a warning notice!

I bought every component of the system through e-commerce like anyone else.

Booster it appears as if my "World Class Lithium Video" just has you tied in a knot! I mean it was really good ain't it? LOL

Enjoy - Mike
Old 10-30-2019, 11:06 PM   #39
Platinum Member

Quote:
Regretfully, you would not be able to purchase my equipment since its OEM and only available to licensed jobbers and manufactures, Mike
Quote:
T

No need to say anything about this as it proves what we have been saying about facts, accuracy, and 100% right all the time.
Old 10-30-2019, 11:07 PM   #40
Platinum Member

Quote:

Regretfully, you would not be able to purchase my equipment since its OEM and only available to licensed jobbers and manufactures,
So which statement is true?