Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-28-2019, 05:38 PM   #201
Gold Member

Regarding loan, isn't a loan dependent on the borrowers credit score and ability to pay? I guess if the banks only recovery is a vehicle from a bankrupt company that might play into it? I suppose if you have no other assets other than the new vehicle the bank may not give you the money? If you have no assets you should not be buying an RV anyway!
Glamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 05:46 PM   #202
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glamper View Post
Regarding loan, isn't a loan dependent on the borrowers credit score and ability to pay? I guess if the banks only recovery is a vehicle from a bankrupt company that might play into it? I suppose if you have no other assets other than the new vehicle the bank may not give you the money? If you have no assets you should not be buying an RV anyway!
If people with no assets didn’t buy RVs the RV industry in the US would collapse overnight...
gregmchugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 06:05 PM   #203
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregmchugh View Post
If people with no assets didn’t buy RVs the RV industry in the US would collapse overnight...
When I took my RV in for a trade on a new one the dealership was all smiles.

ClassB4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 06:15 PM   #204
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregmchugh View Post
that is so true....

But seriously, these Class B's are the price of a house in most parts of the USA.
Glamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 08:09 PM   #205
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post
The banks lending or not is going to depend on the balance sheet and nobody knows what that is yet, so may or may not happen. If, as was mentioned earlier, the assets have really been frozen by the courts and/or banks, that would be a sign they all think there is a lot more debt than assets and not a good thing.
For the bank, the issues are the borrower's credit (willingness to pay), income (ability to pay), and collateral (value and valid title of the item purchased with the loan proceeds).

Perhaps there is some question over conveyance of title for new factory inventory until the current situation is resolved.

Bet you can finance a used Roadtrek/Hymer/Carado with no problem (unless they want to quibble about potential drop in value). In that case, they may lower the amount they are willing to loan.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 08:20 PM   #206
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowiebowie View Post
For the bank, the issues are the borrower's credit (willingness to pay), income (ability to pay), and collateral (value and valid title of the item purchased with the loan proceeds).

Perhaps there is some question over conveyance of title for new factory inventory until the current situation is resolved.

Bet you can finance a used Roadtrek/Hymer/Carado with no problem (unless they want to quibble about potential drop in value). In that case, they may lower the amount they are willing to loan.
I think things are not that difficult to understand...
Hymer Germany wants to know has Hymer NA been manipulating production inventory with an exposure of $100 million or higher. Those dollar amounts can undermine a company.

Manipulating production inventory means not just managers but line staff may be in on the scheme.

Polygraphs, more suspensions, and major doubt will consume the place when the warrants for arrest start getting issued and people fear of jail-time.

Canada is not like the travel brochures.
Old 01-29-2019, 01:19 PM   #207

Default Screwed

Hope they hang all these crooks in Canada
I Can’t get a dealer to do warranty work on the 100k dollar POS.
RoadtrekJunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 02:12 PM   #208
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadtrekJunk View Post
Sorry to hear about it. Please keep us informed if RT communicates with its' customers. But at this point, I suspect you're not holding your breath. It's a shame what a handful of people can do to such an iconic brand.
Old 01-29-2019, 02:25 PM   #209
Platinum Member

Back along the lines of the original title of this discussion.

Having seen for a long time Jim Hammill's very aggressive personality and (over)reactions to problems or criticisms, I am very surprised he hasn't appeared somewhere to defend himself or try to shift blame. I would have guessed he would have done a friendly place interview or issued a statement by now, but all appears to be silent from everybody involved.

I don't know it that is a good sign, or bad sign, for Roadtrek as a company or brand, but it does sure make it start to appear that it going to take a while before it all starts to shake out.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 03:09 PM   #210
Platinum Member

Quote:

Having seen for a long time Jim Hammill's very aggressive personality and (over)reactions to problems or criticisms, I am very surprised he hasn't appeared somewhere to defend himself or try to shift blame. I would have guessed he would have done a friendly place interview or issued a statement by now, but all appears to be silent from everybody involved.

I don't know it that is a good sign, or bad sign, for Roadtrek as a company or brand, but it does sure make it start to appear that it going to take a while before it all starts to shake out.
The communication from Hymer last week indicated a couple weeks before they would provide more info on the situation.
gregmchugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 03:26 PM   #211
Platinum Member

As we enter the third week of this situation, the silence is deafening. Not good for the Roadtrek brand, customers, and it's many employees who are looking for reassurance.

Old 01-29-2019, 04:03 PM   #212
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadtrekJunk View Post

You might try this, but don't know if others have been successful or not, as dealers can be very stubborn. This is from another discussion group.

Quote:
Great news for anyone needing warranty work. I've spoken with Sean Heintz at Roadtrek who is a Warranty and service coordinator and he said they are processing warranty claims! If your dealer says they aren't have them call Sean.
Old 01-29-2019, 05:47 PM   #213
Platinum Member

Quote:

It means he at least has enough sense to listen to his lawyer.
B Eventually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 06:20 PM   #214
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Eventually View Post
It means he at least has enough sense to listen to his lawyer.
There is an old saying...

If you are talking to the public / press about a potential criminal activity without consultation with an attorney, you are working for the prosecution.
Old 01-29-2019, 07:06 PM   #215
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowiebowie View Post
Sorry to hear about it. Please keep us informed if RT communicates with its' customers. But at this point, I suspect you're not holding your breath. It's a shame what a handful of people can do to such an iconic brand.
I'm surprised you don't recognize a clumsy troller.
cruising7388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 07:15 PM   #216
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruising7388 View Post
I'm surprised you don't recognize a clumsy troller.

If your are referring to the post about having warranty issues by a new member, and not your own post as quoted, I guess I would say that even if a new post has "trollish" indications, it could very well also be a frustrated owner who deserves some help if possible until the troll part is more obvious. Sometimes it is difficult to know for sure right away.
Old 01-29-2019, 08:11 PM   #217
Platinum Member

Default Thank You!!

Thanks to those who own a Roadtrek and share your ownership experience. While the EHG NA future is somewhat uncertain, there will always be a large pre-owned market of vans and your ongoing contribution to this forum is valued.

Old 01-29-2019, 08:25 PM   #218
Platinum Member

I don't think there is really much uncertainty about Roadtrek's future if you mean its continued existence as a brand. As for Jim Hammill, according to Hymer's statements he is still officially/technically a Hymer employee and I can't imagine they want him talking to anyone right now. If lawyers are involved, they are always going to want to control the message. So we are just going to have to wait.
RossWilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 01:51 AM   #219
Platinum Member

Well maybe this answers the question - the end is certainly nigh!

https://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/product...-say-1.4273977
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 02:06 AM   #220
Platinum Member

That's not a big surprise I guess. The Cambridge facility builds Hymer brands, so it answers the question of what happens to Hymer and Carado brand's in North America with the purchase of Hymer by Thor. The article says the unfinished vehicles have been sold.

What is a bit of a surprise is that the employees weren't immediately laid off. So maybe that facility is part has been included in the Thor purchase or they have other plans for it.

All we can do is speculate or not.
RossWilliams is offline   Reply With Quote