Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-21-2011, 10:57 PM   #1

Default know where I can get this style sink faucet?

the guy who had this van before me hooked up an electric pump to this. Looks like its a pump style. Not sure if its ok to do that. But this one is leaking underneath, like maybe the diaphram blew out or something. Help please?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg van sink.JPG (78.2 KB, 973 views)
craig3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 01:58 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Location: Sarnialabad, The Newly Elected People's Republic of Canuckistan
Default Re: know where I can get this style sink faucet?

Is there a separate water pump somewhere in the van? If so, there should be enough pressure when it's running
to push the water to the sink area, unless the lines (hot and cold) are plugged or gunked up.
If you live in "America" I'd probably take it to the nearest Camping World, or RV service and repair facility with
the intent of replacing it completely. If the feeder tubes for hot and cold water are flexible, you might be better
off just pulling the old sink and putting in a new one, rather than wasting hours/days searching for the exact same
type. I'd also ask them to give you an RV 101 quick training course on what all that stuff is in your pictures. If they
are interested in selling you replacement parts, there's probably at least one staffer who will take a few minutes and
try to help you. You just have to ask.
Alternately, search all over the sink to see if you can find a make/model, and ask at Camping World, or search online.
If it's not convenient to take it somewhere, tell us where you live and maybe someone on here lives near there and
will drop by and show you the ropes. Long shot but it beats doing it this way. There's only so much we can do, looking
at pictures, to help you. From your pictures, you live somewhere that's a lot warmer than where I live.

Mike.
Old 12-22-2011, 05:32 PM   #3

Thanks Mike,
I live in the Sacramento, CA. (actually the foothills about 20 miles out) I'm new at this camper stuff, so forgive me. But I'll be a pro in no time. I don't think I have hot water for this van. Not entirely sure though. I think the propane heater is just for the fridge, but I could be wrong. Are there specific pictures you'd like to see?
Old 12-22-2011, 05:36 PM   #4

and let me clarify, Yes it has an electric pump and water flows out the spicket into the sink when the pump is on. The problem is that is also leaks from under the faucet (no, it's not leaking from any of the lines) That's why I thought there might be a diaphram inside the actual faucet for when you're using it as a hand pump instead of electric pump. could be leaking from that? Either way, I think I need to replace the entire faucet, but don't even know where to begin to look for stuff like this.
Old 12-22-2011, 05:52 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig3x
Thanks Mike,
I live in the Sacramento, CA. (actually the foothills about 20 miles out) I'm new at this camper stuff, so forgive me. But I'll be a pro in no time. I don't think I have hot water for this van. Not entirely sure though. I think the propane heater is just for the fridge, but I could be wrong. Are there specific pictures you'd like to see?
Not unless you can get a realtor to do one of those video tours, inside and out, and I don't know if that would help (me).

Did we ever determine if it's a diy home build or was it manufactured by one of the more mainstream RV van converters
like Great West, Leisure Travel, Pleasure Way, etc.? Roadtrek has never used Ford chassis to my knowledge, although
possibly very early on (late 70s?).
You couldn't find any vehicular owner's manuals? Often there might be a badge or stamped piece of aluminum inside the
door frames or in the storage, or even under the hood somewhere that would identify the van conversion company that
built your RV. That might help a bit.
I don't see a Camping World in Sacramento, but there might be one a short distance away that would give you
some hands on help. You don't have to buy anything, and it can't hurt to ask someone with RV knowledge what
all your stuff really is or does.
http://www.campingworld.com/stores/

The shiny metal thing on the outside near the left edge of your other picture looks like a heater/furnace intake/exhaust
with something plugging the exhaust (upper hole). Probably to keep critters out. If you know where the furnace is inside,
don't use it until someone checks the propane system out for you. Again, I'll suggest a professional RV repair/service
facility like Camping World, unless you can find one closer.

I just looked at my GPS POI file and there's a Roadtrek dealer in Sacramento.
It's called RV's of Sacramento, it's address is 1051 El Camino Ave, Sacramento, CA, 916-979-5470.
GPS cordinates - W -121.442625, N 38.611241 - maybe give them a call and tell them what you've got, and that
a lot of the stuff you're not sure about it's function, and ask them if they'd have 1/2 hour to take a look at it with you?
Old 12-22-2011, 06:04 PM   #6

the badge on the inside of the door says "Les Entreprises Campwagon" I googled it but only found stuff in another language. There is also a sticker that says "canada". The vehicle is a 1987 Ford Econoline
Old 12-22-2011, 06:28 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Quote:
the badge on the inside of the door says "Les Entreprises Campwagon" I googled it but only found stuff in another language. There is also a sticker that says "canada". The vehicle is a 1987 Ford Econoline
Hmmm, I see the hits you probably got and they're all for sale ads on Quebec based online sales sites. I clicked the
"translate" button in Google, but it doesn't help much.
If you wanted to try, you might contact the Quebec Government's Ministry of Commerce and ask about the company. Sometimes they might have some info on where they are now, or if they were bought up, or just went out of business.
I'll assume you're not going to, so back to my original suggestion.
Take it to an RV service center that works on class B vans like RV's of Sacramento, and let them go over it with you.
Trying to get things to work, particularly electrical or propane, with little or no RV knowledge or experience, might be hazardous to your health.
Sorry, best I can do.
Old 12-24-2011, 02:53 AM   #8

Thanks, I think I will do that. I hope they are friendly and will give me a few minutes of their time. I will let you know what happens. Thanks
Old 12-24-2011, 01:02 PM   #9
Platinum Member

Quote:
Thanks, I think I will do that. I hope they are friendly and will give me a few minutes of their time. I will let you know what happens. Thanks
I think if they have any business acumen at all, they'll be happy to show you what you've got and how it works.
It generates repeat business by building a customer relationship.
They may suggest service or replacing certain things. Tell them you're in no rush, and are not planning on using
the van for a while, and you're just learning how everything is supposed to work, so you can decide which things
are worth fixing, and what you can do without.
However, if it's a safety issue, like electrical or propane in particular, you may want to do to what they suggest,
or post it up here, and maybe someone can suggest some (inexpensive?) options.
For the chassis, I would take it to a Ford Dealer for a general checkup, and see what it might need. For tires, I
bought a set of 4 2 years ago at Discount Tire while in Texas, Michelins, they were on sale and are still looking
like nearly new today.
Or, just write it all down, and post it up here, and we'll have a look.
Old 12-24-2011, 09:05 PM   #10

here's a shot of the underside of the faucet. The thick middle line is for direct connect. not sure of the other lines. Ignore those white electrical lines. could not find a brand or part number
Attached Images
File Type: jpg under sink.JPG (98.2 KB, 678 views)
Old 12-25-2011, 09:36 PM   #11
Platinum Member

Looks like hot line, cold line, and drain?
Old 12-26-2011, 05:10 AM   #12

Looks like this is the part here:

Hand Pump Faucet

Shows that it works manually or with the electric pump so the water lines are probably two (hot and cold) for the city water/pumped system and the middle one for hand pumping straight from the tank?
tismark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 04:46 PM   #13
Platinum Member

I was thinking the plaid line was the sink drain?
Old 12-26-2011, 09:36 PM   #14

Not a drain, I think, and if it is the 3-way, then one is from a tank of some sort (manual), one is city water, and one is from the electric pump. The wire in the photo would activate that. I found someone describing this and fixing one here. Apparently there is a repair kit, so the original poster might try that depending on the condition of the pump otherwise.
tismark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 11:46 PM   #15

The thicker plaid line s the city hook up. It goes straight to the side of the van
Old 12-26-2011, 11:57 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by tismark
Looks like this is the part here:

Hand Pump Faucet

Shows that it works manually or with the electric pump so the water lines are probably two (hot and cold) for the city water/pumped system and the middle one for hand pumping straight from the tank?

Thanks for the link. exactly what I was looking for. I think I will just order a new one instead of the repair kit since I am missing the handle anyway. I'm pretty sure I do not have a water heater to provide hot water
Old 12-27-2011, 11:22 PM   #17
Platinum Member

I guess a picture is worth a lot less than a 1000 words to me.
Sorry.
Old 12-30-2011, 06:47 AM   #18

well hey, this forum helped me get what I needed. got the faucet/pump for $50 shipped to my house, and it works great!