Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-08-2015, 08:48 PM   #21
Platinum Member

Default Re: Lengthy video review of my new 59G

I'm consider a Class B to travel the US with me and my 85 pound dog. I 'm also considering ditching my other car and use it as a full time vehicle.The Bs look good in pictures but then you go see one in person and they look awful small. The Travato is interesting because of the low cost for anew one and the good size wet baths. I really like the 59K floor plan because I thought the 59G was too crowded up front. But the front table options suck and the fridge is too small on the 59K. I haven't seen one in person yet. I'm also considering the B+ (I know they are really Cs). The Pleasure way Prestige is very interesting as you can get a brand new 2014 for 80K or less. A lot of room in a 22 feet vehicle with a great bathroom. Pleasure Way's quality is very nice. Yes it's a Ford chassis with less gas mileage. I do give up the option of using the RV as a primary vehicle. The WGO View and Trend is an option. The View is nice with the slideout giving a very spacious vehicle in only 25'. However you do give up some mobility. However for the additional cost of a MB chassis which you will never make up in fuel cost savings. Also Ford or Promasters chassis are easier to service and would have less issues from what a read.
tbirdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 09:47 PM   #22
Platinum Member

For a time I really liked the Prestige on the Ford chassis. It's a nice layout and the fit and finish was good. The downsides, I thought, were the Brinks truck styling, the expected MPG, and that the tanks seemed small for the size of the vehicle with that nice dry bathroom.

If you are looking at B+, you should check out the Winnebago Trend and the Dynamax REV. Both are low-cost and have some neat features. But be warned, the payloads are a tad on the low side and they have tons of cabinets.

As far as the 59K goes, you always have the option of getting one of those tables with the portable base. You can put it up front, or in the back, or wherever you like it - even outside. I don't have a link to one of these, but maybe someone on here does.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 11:16 PM   #23
Platinum Member

I think the tanks are fine especially compare to Class Bs. The styling isn't great, but neither is the Trend especially with what I consider cheap looking upholstery. I think the only downside would be the MPG. I think the quality shines on these vs the WGOs.
Old 04-08-2015, 11:27 PM   #24
Platinum Member

When we were at the Minneapolis RV show this year, we looked at several of the small C's on the various base vehicle platforms. At first look, they had a pretty nice layout and space, were short enough for what we like and not overly wide.

What immediately put me off of many of them was that they were built on single rear wheel cutaway vans. For me, once you start getting that tall and wide, you really need the tire and axle capacity of dual rear wheels for load and stability. I would think they could be a real handful in windy conditions and fully loaded up with stuff.

I also think RVs that size are much more suited to rear wheel drive than front.

My opinions and observations only!
booster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 11:49 PM   #25
Platinum Member

I have a difficult time understanding how one can rationalize nearly a foot and a half taller, wider and usually longer, and generally poor handling, doesn't have a downside in many areas for those small Class Cs compared to most Bs. What is it? Once you are that big you might as well go bigger and quit denying and pretending. Width and height are big killers in drive anywhere functionality.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 12:04 AM   #26
Platinum Member

How big is big? I have owned a 33 foot class A. I want to get away from having a toad yet be able to go out for a few months at a time. The B's all seem to be to small although the Era 70C is a possibility. I have not read where these larger B+s have that worse of handling.
Old 04-09-2015, 01:31 AM   #27
Platinum Member

Great video Wincrasher - You're a one man production team doing the commentary, shooting the video, climbing the ladder, opening the hood with one hand.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 01:37 AM   #28
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markopolo
Great video Wincrasher - You're a one man production team doing the commentary, shooting the video, climbing the ladder, opening the hood with one hand.
Both right and left handed at that.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 01:48 AM   #29
Platinum Member

It's amazing I didn't fall down, or fall of the ladder. That day I took a few spills just walking around the house!
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 12:46 AM   #30
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrym51
although i have my opinion of what a great b is=the most important factor would be the 'happy wife'.
That's why I'm single I get to choose myself.

Van Williams

CargoVanConversion.com
cargovanconversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 12:54 AM   #31
Platinum Member

The video was well done and gives much better information than many dealers give. I wondered, are you still going to put some kayaks on that roof?

CargoVanConversion.com
cargovanconversion is offline   Reply With Quote