Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-08-2018, 08:00 PM   #21

Default Have considered renting?

There are several online services that assist you with renting your RV. We rent ours to complete strangers all the time using outdoorsy.com and rvshare.com. Of course this isn't for everyone, but just saying, it's something to consider if you want to "rent" your RV to anyone. We use it to loan our RV to family and friends as well, basically not charging them anything but requiring that they go through the license check, pay for insurance, etc.
attermann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 08:31 PM   #22
Platinum Member

Default Is this working for you??

Quote:
Originally Posted by attermann View Post
There are several online services that assist you with renting your RV. We rent ours to complete strangers all the time using outdoorsy.com and rvshare.com. Of course this isn't for everyone, but just saying, it's something to consider if you want to "rent" your RV to anyone. We use it to loan our RV to family and friends as well, basically not charging them anything but requiring that they go through the license check, pay for insurance, etc.

OK... maybe it's just "talk" .. but, there's a lot of stuff and not particularly positive about one of the services you mentioned above??

Are you making money on this arrangement?
Roadtrek Adventuous RS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 09:23 PM   #23
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nic7320 View Post
They have to be named on the insurance policy....
If the use involved is occasional, non-commercial, not for a prohibitively lengthy period and the borrower has a valid drivers license for the vehicle class, I don't believe that a conventional auto policy requires the owner/lender to add the name of the borrower as a driver on the insurance policy unless they are family or household members. However, if the vehicle is being rented, it's an entirely different scenario.
cruising7388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 11:03 PM   #24
Platinum Member

Default then this happened.

A client of mine, who had a sizable car collection, provided one of his collectable cars to a movie studio (for a fee, I presume).

It came back, a different color.

Needless to say, that's the last time he rented out his cars.
Nic7320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 12:11 AM   #25
Platinum Member

Default You had better get an ironclad contract....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nic7320 View Post
A client of mine, who had a sizable car collection, provided one of his collectable cars to a movie studio (for a fee, I presume).

It came back, a different color.

Needless to say, that's the last time he rented out his cars.
WOW... changed the color of his car without notice! Outrageous.

Yeah, that's pretty bad... you bet they're responsible.
Although I would definitely get that in writing.. specifically.

Listen, movie studios have "big bucks" and they routinely pay thousands of dollars when they "rent" a location for the day.... anywhere from $5,000 to $10,000 for one day depending upon what they need... if they could have built the set for less they wouldn't pay that...

And, in the case of your friend's "collectible car"... same thing... you can't just go down to the local store and get a "collectible car"... it's all about their particular needs.. changing the color... WOW ... what balls.

Not only do they have to pay for everything to put it back the way it was they're still responsible for paying your friend for the rental of his car...
Old 07-09-2018, 02:02 AM   #26
Platinum Member

I read the rationale about loaning, renting, and I guess it comes down to each his own - as for me....not a chance. Ron
Old 07-09-2018, 05:07 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadtrek Adventuous RS1 View Post
OK... maybe it's just "talk" .. but, there's a lot of stuff and not particularly positive about one of the services you mentioned above??

Are you making money on this arrangement?
Yes I do actually make money renting my sprinter based class C, and we’ve had really good renters so far and no issues with either platform. I just mentioned it here though because theres no cost or commitment to get started and utilize them for the insurance and the contractual stuff to be sure youre covered if there were an incident.
attermann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 06:23 AM   #28
Platinum Member

Default Do you use a particular service??

Quote:
Originally Posted by attermann View Post
Yes I do actually make money renting my sprinter based class C, and we’ve had really good renters so far and no issues with either platform. I just mentioned it here though because theres no cost or commitment to get started and utilize them for the insurance and the contractual stuff to be sure youre covered if there were an incident.
How do you handle the insurance?????

There's Outdoorsy and Campanda.....are you talking about one of those companies???