Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-11-2015, 05:50 PM   #1

Default Looking for a circuit/fuse

We have a 2015 Pleasure way Ascent. The Fantastic Fan vent and the lights to the toilet/sink/shower do not work anymore (they were fine last week). I presume/hope they are on the same fuse. The fuse in the vent fan is good--it has continuity--. I've clean the shut off contact switch with contact spray. I also don't appear to be getting any voltage to the 'hot side' of the fan. Is there a fuse/circuit somewhere for this? Any help appreciated.
jdhebner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 06:33 PM   #2
Bronze Member

We have a 2015 Lexor TS and the bath lights and the fan are on the same 10 amp circuit. Knowing Pleasure-Way it is probably the same with yours. Our fuse panel for this is in the forward cabinet, in the kitchen, passenger side. Yours might be in a different location. We both have the multiplex wiring so your fuse panel might be where ours is.
Check your owner's manual for the location, my manual has pictures and locations of the various fuses, circuit breakers. You can also call the factory if you need help, they are extremely helpful.
If it is the fuse, you should determine why it blew.
Good luck.
Old 11-11-2015, 06:46 PM   #3

Thanks. I've got all the manuals, but no luck on where the circuit/fuse is. Pleasure way is closed today. There are 3 circuit panels that I can find.....
Old 11-11-2015, 08:34 PM   #4
Bronze Member

There should be a label(s) near where those circuits/fuses are to identify each one of them. One of our labels is around a corner on a partition, another on a door.
Old 11-11-2015, 11:42 PM   #5

I've found the labels and even have the supplemental fuse guide from MB. No where (that I can see) has a fuse label for the bathroom lights and the fantastic fan. I'm sure it's obvious though.....
Old 11-12-2015, 12:19 AM   #6
Bronze Member

Our fuse bank/label for what you are looking for is located in the cabinet above the kitchen sink. I saw your multiplex switches are located on the outside of that cabinet so the fuses should be behind it. This is a Pleasure-Way install, MB won't have anything about it.
Our fuse for that is the last one (B) "bath lights/fantastic" showing on the label.
Attached is a picture, sorry it's sideways.
Hope this helps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fuses.JPG (28.7 KB, 12 views)
Old 11-12-2015, 04:03 AM   #7

Thanks TJ! I found it! Of course when I replaced the fuse, it shorted right away. I must have some other problem....
Old 11-12-2015, 04:31 AM   #8

Fantastic! Found the problem! This tiny wire was behind the fixture of the bathroom light, most likely touching the ground/common plate. Thanks so much TJ for your help!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pleasureway wire.jpg (120.0 KB, 7 views)
Old 11-12-2015, 01:24 PM   #9
Bronze Member

You're welcome, glad you found it and it was an easy fix.

In your picture, I don't see any bare wires that would have caused a short or is this after you fixed it? Assuming it was a bare wire, wondering why or how it became bare. Was it rubbing against something?

Also glad you didn't have to take it to your dealer, and hopefully they are close to you if you ever have to go there. When we bought ours here in Northern California, I asked about wait time before they could fix something, and they said it's usually 4-6 weeks. I'm glad I have enough knowledge to try to fix things myself. They must be doing something right. They put a competitor out of business and of course those people are now coming to them for repairs.
Old 11-12-2015, 03:02 PM   #10

The bare copper wire is very tiny (one wire) sticking out to the left just above the white writing of the black insulation.
Old 11-12-2015, 03:18 PM   #11
Bronze Member

Wow! Good find! The first time I saw the picture, it was little. Went back to it and it is large, and showing that little strand of wire. Who would have known? Great eyesight.