Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-07-2006, 03:37 PM   #1

Default Looking for small air compressor to carry in RoadTrek

In one of the other forums, RV.net I think, one of the members described an extremely small air compressor he had purchased that was capable providing pressures up to 100psi. This is necessary to be able to pump up the rear tires to the recommended 80psi.

The RV.net forums are currently experiencing database problems and are not accessible. Does anyone on this forum know where I can purchase this compressor?
fputnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 01:18 AM   #2
Platinum Member

I don't have one but here's a good link:

Tire Inflator Comparison

Could be very handy to have.

I now have an 8 gallon compressor at home (it is too big to carry with me) because one evening after work we were heading to a campground about 2hrs away. I had 76 & 75 in the rear tires and wanted to get them up to 80. The first gas station air pump was blocked by someone who just started vacuuming his car so I decided to go to another station a couple of miles up the road. That one was really busy with three cars parked in front of the pump so I pushed on. At the third station the pump let the air out of my tire so I was down to 70 psi. At the fourth gas station I waited for a truck to gas up and pay so I could get access to air only to find that the pump was out of order. Finally, at the fifth gas station, I got air!
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 02:06 AM   #3
Bronze Member

There are many products that can satisfy your needs. Personally I have the Airman multi-compressor as well as the Airman Tire Repair Kit, both giving me over 100 PSI. I got them at Canadian Tire. Since I'm from Canada, I can't guaranty that they are available In the USA. But you can have a look at various compressors at
RV Supply Warehouse
or at
Air Compressor at Camping World.

I would have gone for one of these integrated tools (jump start, air compressor and 12 volt power source) had they been available when I needed them. They take much less space in a "B" then all three a part!
Old 12-14-2006, 11:42 PM   #4
g1g
Platinum Member

I got one at Sams clun of Costco, they both have them I just cannot remember which one I got it at. Says it will inflate over 100lbs and it has a built in battery with jumper cables so I can give myself a jump if I kill the battery
g1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 11:38 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Default Small Compressor for RT

Like others with the RT, I had a small electric w/120PSI, but too big for the Trek. I found a Campbell Hausfield Cordless that does the job. Check out the C/H website - mine is a 250 Model. Used it last summer going west and it worked great - and is about 6"HX8"LX4"W. Good luck, Ron