Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2012, 10:40 AM   #1
Bronze Member

Default Looking to buy class B

Hi all, new here, first post.......I previously have owned a couple of camper vans, an 88 Chevy that I converted from a utility van and a 77 Dodge FunCraft (I think thats the name), with a raised roof etc.....I traveled a bit in this one, out to the western US, Yellowstone etc....Good trip. I have also owned travel trailers, small motor home etc, so I know the ins and outs of the RV life. Now a days, I tow a Fleetwood hardtop trailer with a minivan. I get tired of the setup and teardowns when traveling. I am thinking a Class B which we could sleep in while traveling and still tow the hardtop for when we stay at a destination for more than a night.
I am a Chevy guy at heart, but am not against any other brands if the price is right. The 77 Dodge we had was a great van, bit hard on gas, but comfortable. It had nothing fancy in it, It was on a 1/2 ton chassis, which I felt was a bit light for an extended van and would sway in the wind quite a bit. It had the extra tall roof which didnt help matters.
I will be looking around southern Ontario Canada for something in the $3-4,000 range over the next while. Some advise and/or leads will be greatly appreciated.....Glad to be here.

Harry
poncho62 is offline   Reply With Quote